PDA

View Full Version : One Postgres pegged at 100% cpu

addytothebrain
01-26-2009, 01:52 PM
I have used HEM for about a year with no problems. Yesterday I started to get a problem with one postgres.exe process pegging one of my cpu cores at 100%. I believe I have isolated the problem. It only occurs when HEM tries to retrieve the "hands table" (this is the best description I could come up with to decribe it). Basically the hands summary that is displayed in the Hands tab and in the lower window of the Reports tab.

It pegs one core of my cpu for about 2 minutes before finally retrieving the table of 100 hands. There is almost zero I/O activity at this time. It occurs every time I hit the refresh button. I have found a quick-fix by checking "only show marked hands" so the table returns 0 hands. When I do this my processor does not get pegged at all.

My hard drive is ~20% full. I do not have many background processes running. My database is 150k hands. Database queries are very fast other than retrieving the hands table.

System Specs:

Core2duo E6600
Raptor HD
2gb RAM
Nvidia 7900 GT
Win XP Pro

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8853/procexpoj9.png

morny
01-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder

addytothebrain
01-26-2009, 05:10 PM
I should add I've already tried disabling graphical cards and i have run a full vacuum/analyze.

addytothebrain
01-30-2009, 05:13 PM
bump. I posted HM.config file. Got no response.

Some things I've tried since posting last time:

-Reindexed
-Increased shared_buffers and effective_cache_size

No improvement with either changes. Is it possible to tell me the table where this data is stored? I have quite a bit of SQL knowledge and have a few DBA friends who are willing to help me debug.

morny
01-31-2009, 01:05 PM
email me and well do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net