PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL Install Port Number Problem

Euthanasia
01-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Ive just downloaded the software & followed all the steps as instructed (user controls off etc). But when I get to Step 9 'Initialize Database Cluster', although screen looks exactly the same as the screenshot (even setting locale as English, United States despite being in UK) it comes up with an error message when I click next:

'The port number entered is already in use. Please specify a different port'

I go a bit blank at technical things like this, but does this have something to do with me having Poker Office on my PC too? If so, I still need to be able to use this seeing as I cant transfer my data across. Also, I did try to download/install Poker Tracker a little while ago & remember having issues with installing then too, but did manage to get program started.

morny
01-26-2009, 01:48 PM
You can use a different port number like 5433 but this may complicate things at a later date, if you just quit and reboot the PC and run the installer before opening any other programs it should allow you to use it next time

Euthanasia
01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the reply Morny. I took youre advice and just changed the port number to 5433, which along with changing account name to postgresuser (as suggested in step-by-step), allowed me to install postgreSQL sucessfully (I think). Installation of HM itself went smoothly, but Im struggling to configure it. I only really play on PokerStars, & have tried following the FAQ help page, but with no joy. My hand histories were not been saved to the default destination shown in the FAQ (tho as long as path is entered correctly in HM, why should this make a difference?) & when tried to change it to same as shown via PokerStars software, the histories didnt save. Have set destination elsewhere (and are saving as PokerOffice trace at this destination fine) & I cant get anything to import into HM. Ive tried different combos of including my screen name in path (instead of just using the sub folders tick box) & trying to import the files manually but nothing seems to show. Help a newbie please?

morny
01-29-2009, 11:29 PM
In your stars lobby please copy and paste the location of the path where its saving the HH and also in that window is it ticked to save HH and also set to save in english?

Euthanasia
01-29-2009, 11:31 PM
In your stars lobby please copy and paste the location of the path where its saving the HH and also in that window is it ticked to save HH and also set to save in english?

Yes, the same pathway is set in HM auto import configuration panel also

morny
01-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Ok are the hands importing in HM if you run a report in Holdem Manager

Euthanasia
01-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Ok are the hands importing in HM if you run a report in Holdem Manager

As best as I can tell, nothing is importing at all. When I try to import anything it just says import in progess but nothing seems to happen (files no larger than 20/30 hands too). Cant specify player name for report as it requests as no names to choose from

morny
01-29-2009, 11:44 PM
So if you look at the players TAB beside the Tourney and Cash Tabs it should have a number beside it in brackets eg Players (22084) what does yours say.

Do you have UAC disabled? http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73 and if thats disabled and it still persists then email me the HH that arent importing, they should either be in that stars folder or C:\HMarchive if HM moved them

morny@holdemmanager.net