PDA

View Full Version : bulkhow to tweak import speed/ how to update the cache...?

sostegno
01-25-2009, 05:21 AM
Hello, just recently switched from PT3 to HEM.

1. But as i use alot of observed HH i have noticed that HEM is much slower than PT3. I only get 8-18h/s imported whereas PT3 does this with a speed of over 100h/s since the last update with the same DB size.
Is there any way to get this process faster ? Also can the HUD grab datas from more than one DB. This would also increas import speed imo?

2. Also how do i have to update the cache. (when i purge hands the number of players in the DB is still the same even though i run analyze/vacuum)

3. The vacuum analyze feature in HEM doesnt work, have to do it through the POstgresAdmin prog. How to fix that?

morny
01-25-2009, 02:58 PM
1) You can try defragmenting your drive and see if that improves it, iirc PT's import speed isnt accurate as they judge the speed based on importing the information and the time taken to index and parse the hand isnt calculated where it is in HM but anyway try the defragmentation and see if that helps but Roy also has plans to look at this again to try and improve it

2) Well be adding an option to this later, at the moment the only way is to export and reimport but theres no need since youll be able to do this in the future

3) This is a bug that only happens with a small % of people, we havent figured that out yet but were continuing to work on it

sostegno
01-26-2009, 06:48 AM
I also have run the tuning wizard for postgres like PT3 suggests this.
http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=10393

Also i have done a HDD tuning as PT3 suggests this. (Disabled "Last Access Time Support" and disabled "Legacy Filename Support")
http://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=10489

Could this harm the import speed of HEM? Should i reset the settings ?

Someone posted in another forum he has an import speed about 200h/s, and told be there must be something malfunctioning with my HEM, can this be true ?

morny
01-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Ive done tons of teamviewer sessions with Teamviewer and i havent seen anyone with anywhere in the 200h/s region over a large sample.

That tuning is probably specific to PT, did you run the defragmentor, did that improve it?

sostegno
01-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Yea i do rhis once a week, and i did again, but it didnt improve things.

should i then reset the tuning settings ?

morny
01-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah try disabling it and see if it improves it, other than that theres not much else i can suggest however Roy will be visiting this again soon to see if he can futher improve the speeds.

sostegno
01-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Ya thx, up to 35h/s now.

GangusR
09-03-2010, 11:04 AM
1) You can try defragmenting your drive and see if that improves it, iirc PT's import speed isnt accurate as they judge the speed based on importing the information and the time taken to index and parse the hand isnt calculated where it is in HM but anyway try the defragmentation and see if that helps but Roy also has plans to look at this again to try and improve it

2) Well be adding an option to this later, at the moment the only way is to export and reimport but theres no need since youll be able to do this in the future

3) This is a bug that only happens with a small % of people, we havent figured that out yet but were continuing to work on it

Has an option to update cache been added yet? I have both PT3 and HEM and have been mostly using PT3 for play (HEM for post game analysis). With PT3 they recommend updating your cache every 50,000h or after a manual import.

Is this not necessary with HEM? If so how do you update the cache on a HEM database?

Thanks

netsrak
09-04-2010, 09:11 AM
HM has no cache which needs to be updated.
We have a new option to maintain your database in the database management. Thats all you need to do FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Vacuum Analyze Database (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+)