PDA

View Full Version : $ ev

stacker
01-24-2009, 10:39 PM
when i go into the cash game tab in holdem manager then i go into sessions tab theirs a stat $ EV. mine is -$2600. does this mean i am running $2600 below what i should be?

thxs

morny
01-25-2009, 03:41 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=68 See the FAQ for explanation

Nazgul_666
01-26-2009, 06:08 AM
Hi!

Then, if I understood well what the FAQ says, "$ EV" only is usefull for All-in moves, isn't it?

morny
01-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Yes it only gives you your luck factor in all in pots based on the equity you had on the street where the whole stack got all in

Nazgul_666
01-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Hi!

Thanks morny. I suposed well

Nazgul_666
01-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Hi once again!

Sorry but i dont understand yet... You comment that $ EV indicates, based on all-in moves how lucky you were, but it's not the "EV $ Diff" stat that indicates this?

I was looking at my Cash Sessions and one session's "$ EV" stat is different than the sum of all the session hand's "Ev $ Diff". Could you tell me please why those stats shows me different information?

Thanks!

morny
01-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi once again!

Sorry but i dont understand yet... You comment that $ EV indicates, based on all-in moves how lucky you were, but it's not the "EV $ Diff" stat that indicates this?

I was looking at my Cash Sessions and one session's "$ EV" stat is different than the sum of all the session hand's "Ev $ Diff". Could you tell me please why those stats shows me different information?

Thanks!

The difference between the 2 stats is in that thread i linked to above

Nazgul_666
01-27-2009, 05:49 AM
Hi!

I readed the FAQ thread but I doesn't understand it well...
I understand what EV $ Diff means, but with $EV stat...

In the FAQ you defined it: "Its calculated by taking the actual amount won and either deducting or adding the amount you would have won with average luck". It's that what it means? If it is, i can't see well what's the difference between those two stats (EV $ Diff shows the difference between the amount you won and what you were spectet to won with your move)

A positive valor in $EV means that I was lucky then?

Thanks a lot!

morny
01-27-2009, 02:09 PM
If your all in EV line is below your actual winnings then your running good by the difference between the two lines, and vice versa. Ev diff is basically the difference between the two, all in EV is your actual winnings + or - the EVdiff.

Nazgul_666
01-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks morny!