PDA

View Full Version : Import Exported Notes

KrischanXXL
04-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Hello,

I have the following Problem: I used the 3rd party program NoteCaddy to automaticly generate notes on the payers in my database. Unfortunately it totaly screwed up my notes and there is no possibility to fix it via NoteCaddy. Before using NoteCaddy I made a backup with the HEM export notes funktion. Unfortunately a reimport doesn't work, since it only imports notes on players where I have no notes on. I only could set up a new database, which would take me like 10 days, since my DB ist realy big.

Is there a possibility to overwrite all notes with my backup or simply delete all notes?

Patvs
04-03-2011, 10:31 PM
If you export notes on player A,... and a note on player A already exists, it should combine the two notes. Actually it will only add the new info.
It will ignore duplicate info.

There's no easy way to delete ALL existing notes, since they're stored in a separate index in the database.
In theory you could delete the contents of the index in pgadminIII.
Though that might corrupt the entire database.

Creating a new database--> reimport all your hands, really is the best solution.

KrischanXXL
04-04-2011, 02:56 AM
If you export notes on player A,... and a note on player A already exists, it should combine the two notes. Actually it will only add the new info.
It will ignore duplicate info.
Are you sure of that? I have notes about 10k players (in my backup), but when I import my notes, I get the message "2780 Notes updated". I checked some players, and there are definitely a lot of notes missing. I opened the ExportedNotes.HMNotes with notepad to read the notes an compared them to the notes in HEM. After the import they are still totaly different!

netsrak
04-04-2011, 04:20 AM
It will not simply add the notes. If i remember right it compares the old and new notes and tries to add only differences. But i think this doesn't work very reliable.
So i agree with Pat that the best solution might be a new database.

KrischanXXL
04-04-2011, 07:37 AM
But i think this doesn't work very reliable.
That seems to be the case. Thanks for your help.

The programmer of NoteCaddy was to kind to upload a beta of his application with a working import-funktion for HEM Notes.