PDA

View Full Version : problem downloading trial

themerk
01-23-2009, 06:08 PM
when it started to download the postgresqul something messed up. i have no idea how to uninstall and start over i have vista. what should i do?? i just want to start the whole process over so my wife who knows computers way better than i can re set this all up.

i got to the 2nd to last screen. then it said some sort of file already existed.

i need help that an idiot can understand.

morny
01-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Go to control Panel > Add Remove Programs/Programs and features and uninstall PostgreSQL then follow this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176

themerk
01-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Go to control Panel > Add Remove Programs/Programs and features and uninstall PostgreSQL then follow this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176

Thank you. This is actually Merk's wife. I have been trying to install this. Yesterday when I went to install it got to the second to last window on the FAQ when it said that the database cluster already existed and wouldn't let me go any further. I uninstalled both Holdem Manager and the PostgresSQL. Now I am getting that there is an install already in progress but neither file is on the computer. The problem was that Merk initially tried setting this up on his own and he has no knowledge of the computer. I took over half way and have no idea of what he did. I am only moderately savvy :) Any help would be appreciated.

morny
01-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Ok the database cluster message is a database that Merk left behind, this time follow the instructions for uninstalling again however delete the postgreSQL folder in C:\Program Files and then you should avoid that message, let me know if you come across any other problems

themerk
01-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Arrgghhh - lol

Did that and now the zip files come up but when I go to install nothing happens it just says installing and ends with no further window instructions like in the past.

morny
01-25-2009, 03:47 PM
email me and well do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net

themerk
01-25-2009, 07:52 PM
email me and well do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net

e-mail sent. let me know anytime is fine.

themerk
01-26-2009, 01:15 PM
i am on. not sure what u needed though or how to do it.

themerk
01-26-2009, 01:25 PM
sent