TNG88
04-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Hi all,

My computer specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon™ II X2 dual-core processor 235e
(2.7GHz, 2MB L2 cache)
Operating System : Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Chipset: NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE
Memory: 6144MB DDR2 dual-channel (2 × 1024MB + 2 × 2048MB)
Hard Drive: 750GB 7200rpm SATA

Not a world-class computer, but I don't see why I shouldn't be able to grind without much trouble. Basically, when I start a session, HUD & FTP seem to be working ok as well as my AHK script being fairly responsive (table highlighter). However, after loading up 16 tables and starting to search/note players the responsiveness of my software (and my entire computer it seems) comes crashing down, often turning my tables white, freezing, then finally allowing me to act, sometimes even timing me out. This is after a fresh format, with little more than an anti-virus installed (which I turned off to see if that was the problem, no dice). I've also heavily tweaked my PC for performance, disabling services, keeping my startup bare, disabling indexing, etc. but it didn't seem to do much. I also used the "Tuning" option on HEM after trying to manually do it (to allocate more RAM than what the auto-tune gives Postgres) only to find myself unable to login to the DB.

This frustrates me to no end. I've been looking for weeks trying to figure out a solution before posting here. I even went so far as to disable themes hoping that would change things, but it didn't seem to do much either. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: When I'm not using HUD everything runs fine. I've tried to tweak the HUD for performance but I don't know what else I can do aside from sliding opacity to the right.

netsrak
04-03-2011, 09:49 AM
please attach your holdemmanager.config file from c:\program files(x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). it may be just called holdemmanager if you've extensions turned off.

which gametype are you playing?

TNG88
04-03-2011, 10:04 AM

I am playing standard Full-Ring NLHE.

Edit: Also using Postgres 8.4, could upgrading my Postres improve things?

Patvs
04-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

Update Windows 7 to Service Pack 1

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily. (do the same for the Table Highlighter / AHK script main .exe)

---

When the lag occurs check your Task Manager, which program is responsible for: the highest CPU use / highest RAM usage?

It can't hurt to try to install PostgreSQL 9.0.3 (64 bit) to see if that will improve performance for you.