PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars hand histories - auto import keeps trying to import same files?

pendragon
04-02-2011, 05:11 PM
I purchased 1 million Pokerstars hand histories from a site and placed them in the folder Documents\Poker\Hand Histories. After I did auto import with HEM, this folder became emptied.

My personal PokerStars hand histories are stored in the folder Documents\Poker\Pokerstars (this is the folder I set in the Pokerstars software). Both this and my other folder are auto import folder list. After auto import, it seems like the purchased hand histories are merged with this folder...? They are for instance moved to the folder Poker\Pokerstars\2011\03\31, which now contains 3 files with my own histories and about ~1500 files with purchased hand histories (which were originally in the Documents\Poker\Hand Histories folder, and are now renamed with digits like 1103... prefixes).

What exactly happens with auto import and the moving of these files? Is there any way to keep my personal hand histories in a separate folder?

Also auto import just takes forever (I left it on for two days and it didn't finish) and is always trying to reimport the same files. It never even gets to some of them - many of my own hands that are in the files are not in the session reports. How do I get auto import to stop trying to import the same files?

Also a few other questions:

How long should 1 million hands take to import?
How do I clear the hand history data?
How do I find out how many total hands have been imported by HEM?

Patvs
04-02-2011, 08:58 PM
All hands you auto-import (from your auto import folder) are moved to the archive folder where they're sorted by date.

Never move a large batch of hands into an auto-import folder.
You should have used a "import from folder" on your purchased handhistories, so they won't be moved.

---

Also a few other questions:
How long should 1 million hands take to import?
-->it depends on your import speed. With 100h/s it should only take 3 hours.
How do I clear the hand history data?
-->Clear the data? You can create a new database: options--> database management
How do I find out how many total hands have been imported by HEM?
--> Read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/115/Check+Total+Amount+of+Hands+in+Database+