PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager PostgreSQL database problem

Robinhov
04-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Hello,

Today when I wanted to start up HEM I received the error stating "Failed to establish.., Unable to read data from.., Database service started/stopped".

I've tried several things that didn't work out. My antivirus also was still in game mode so that isn't the issue either.

So I decided to upgrade to the 9.0 version. I couldn't remember my password but I got through using "postgres" as a pass. Still it didn't work so I uninstalled all PostgreSQL versions and deleted the remaining data in the maps.

Now I've installed the 8.3 version again, I still received an error but I got through to the database control panel. Usually I still would get an error when I clicked on connect but this time it was not the case. I got to a screen with my databases. Unfortunately my existing database wasn't in it and there was no button where I could maybe find it, so I made a new database. Now HEM works again but I can't find the old database.

Where can it be found? I've looked in the HEM map, didn't find it. Aso didn't find it in the PostgreSQL map. I seriously don't want to lose all my hands or my personal preferences and just start all over again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

leebe100
04-02-2011, 03:20 PM
i think i'm having the same problem. i got the postgress cannot connect to 127.0.0.1 error this morning. so i uninstalled postgres and reinstalled it and it seemed to get holdem manager working again.

only problem is my database was empty. so i tried importing from my fulltilt folder but it only had the last session in it from the night before.

is there a way/place to get my history of hands from the last year and import back into holdem manager?

Patvs
04-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Still it didn't work so I uninstalled all PostgreSQL versions and deleted the remaining data in the maps.

Your old database was stored in Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.x/data/
did you also delete that folder?

Did you use SQL 8.4 before, and are now running SQL 8.3 (or vice versa), or when you reinstalled PostgeSQL your old folder was renamed something like "SQL backup" and it still in the Program Files/PostgreSQL folder?

@leebe100 Run a import from folder on C:HMArchive (your archive folder) which should contain all your old hands.

imnotjoking
04-03-2011, 09:23 AM
I have the same problem,my HM can't connect to the database,so i saved HMArchive from C:/ and data from C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.4 and now i'm thinking about to reinstall posgresql.But if i'll do this is there any probability to lose my hud,my graphs and other settings and data from HM?

these are the errors in order
http://img846.imageshack.us/i/98403940.jpg
http://img546.imageshack.us/i/98458498.jpg
http://img88.imageshack.us/i/77107383.jpg

netsrak
04-03-2011, 09:51 AM
First try this:
1. Reboot your computer
2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"
4. Check our FAQ:
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+

If you only reinstall postgresql you will only loose the hands, notes and summaries (= your database) but not your Holdemmanager configuration.
But in every case you should create a backup of the whole holdemmanager folder.

imnotjoking
04-03-2011, 10:19 AM
I've just deleted postmaster.pid and rebooted my pc and now HManager works.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

Robinhov
04-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Your old database was stored in Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.x/data/
did you also delete that folder?

Did you use SQL 8.4 before, and are now running SQL 8.3 (or vice versa), or when you reinstalled PostgeSQL your old folder was renamed something like "SQL backup" and it still in the Program Files/PostgreSQL folder?

@leebe100 Run a import from folder on C:HMArchive (your archive folder) which should contain all your old hands.

I thought I replied yesterday but it seems my post didn't come through.

I actually did use the 8.3 and the 8.4 version. I've always thought the 8.3 version was the one working since the 8.4 gave an error when I tried to stop, start or reconfigure it. But when I go to the 8.4 version map -> data -> base there are several maps with numbers like "11563" in it and files from 3 months ago when I started using HEM, so maybe I did actually use the 8.4. I haven't found any map that was renamed to "SQL backup".

But I did install the 9.0 en the 8.3 version to make it work, but you say this means I lost all my hands? Can't I import my hand history again into HEM? Thanks

Robinhov
04-04-2011, 11:55 AM
In the meantime HEM is not working again.

If I try to connect from the DB control panel I get this error:

Patvs
04-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Which version of PostgreSQL do you currently have installed running on port 5432?

Did you install any of these version of PostgreSQL (9.0/8.3/8.4) to use the same port number??

You'll always be able to create a new database, and reimport your hands (from your archive folder) into HEM. The issue is if you have an old database (with HoldemManager NOTES in them) you really need to be able to connect to. (to export the notes) If that's the case try reinstalling the correct version of PostgreSQL (the version the database was created in)... without other versions of PostgreSQL using the same port.

---

Also try installing a version of PostgreSQL to port 5433 to see if you can connect to that.

update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06d_Internal.exe

Robinhov
04-05-2011, 07:44 AM
I actually did install the 3 versions on the same port number, is that a problem?

I'll try to reinstall the 8.4 version, I guess this is the version I use because the data is in there from 3 months ago but I'm not so sure.

Either way I'll try those things you just mentioned and I'll let you know how it worked out. Thanks

Robinhov
04-05-2011, 09:07 AM
I re-installed the 8.4 version and made sure the 8.3 version was not running (i deleted the 9.0 version because I never really used it when HEM was working).

So now it's up and running again. Problem is I created a new database so I could run it. But how can I import my old database and where can I find it? If I go to database management I can only export hands not import them or import the earlier database as default.

Patvs
04-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Run a import from folder on your old archive folder: C:/HMArchive which should still hold all the original handhistories.

Robinhov
04-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Run a import from folder on your old archive folder: C:/HMArchive which should still hold all the original handhistories.

Sorry I missed it in the other post. It works fine now that I've imported it through HMarchive. Big thank you!