PDA

View Full Version : error 42601

souljah
01-23-2009, 06:16 AM
I am trying to create a database on my laptop and I get the error 42601. It says there is a syntax error at or near "(". It will not allow me to create a database. I just installed hem on my laptop and updated to the newest beta.

morny
01-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi when you create a new database can you clear the filter first before picking the player name

souljah
01-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi when you create a new database can you clear the filter first before picking the player name

It does not get to that point, I need to create the database before hem will open because there is no database. I deleted the database in postgres cause I thought the database might be corrupt. Now there is no database for hem.

souljah
01-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Here is an image of something else that pops up when you first load hem and it goes to the database manager?

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5811/hemkz5.jpg

souljah
01-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Ok I uninstalled hem completely, deleted the hem folder. Restarted. Installed 1.07 fine and was able to create a database fine. I then installed the beta. Tried to start up hem and it goes to the database control panel and it will not let me start hem. I click on the database and the start button does not appear. I tried to create another database and hem gives me the 42601 error. However I do not get that connection error popup now.

morny
01-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi,

You cant just delete the database as there files in there that PostgreSQL need to start so youll need to uninstall PostgreSQL via Control Panel > Add/Remove programs/Program features and then delete the PostgreSQL folder in C:\Program files and finally reinstall PostgreSQL http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176 and create the new database

souljah
01-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Hi,

You cant just delete the database as there files in there that PostgreSQL need to start so youll need to uninstall PostgreSQL via Control Panel > Add/Remove programs/Program features and then delete the PostgreSQL folder in C:\Program files and finally reinstall PostgreSQL http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176 and create the new database

By database, you mean like my hem database? I can't delete the postgres as all my other pt3/pt2 databases are also in there. I thought you were allowed to delete a database? Also, I said that when I installed the original 1.07 of hem it worked fine but once I upgraded to the beta of 1.08, thats when I had problems again. So your theory worked for my first post but does not apply to now because 1.07 works fine but 1.08 beta does not.

Spieli
01-24-2009, 03:22 PM
You need to upgrade your postgresql-installation. The beta uses
"WITH (OIDS=FALSE)" when creating tables, a syntax that isn't supported by postgresql until version 8.2.

souljah
01-25-2009, 09:29 PM
You need to upgrade your postgresql-installation. The beta uses
"WITH (OIDS=FALSE)" when creating tables, a syntax that isn't supported by postgresql until version 8.2.

Thank you, I am currently trying to upgrade from 8 to 8.3 and incuring some problems with the password. Posted another thread.