PDA

View Full Version : Cannot import HH

jeffbg123
07-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Hey,

I just installed the trial and did the following:

1. Exported 28,000 hands from PT2, all played 1v1 at Absolute Poker, 300 per file
2. installed the update to Holdem manager
3. Tried to import from folder, import file(s), or setup the auto import and I get something like this:

Files imported : 96/96
Hands imported 0 hands/s 0/s
duplicate hands: 0
import errors: 0

And no hands or players show up anywhere.
I tried moving them to different folders and reimporting, or even rebooting several times but nothing worked.

I have attached a sample of a smaller file I am importing.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong

Thanks,

-Jeff

jeffbg123
07-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Anyone have anything to try? I really want to get this working for my trial before I buy.

Kaffeemann
07-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Yeah I got the same problem with about 20,000 hands from Boss Media. I already tried to convert them using HHconverter but it still doesnt work.

morny
07-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Ive asked Roy to look into this Jeff, about Boss afaik you cant export hands from PT2 as Boss isnt supported yet

Kaffeemann
07-30-2008, 01:54 PM
OK I solved the problem. There was a folder where PT2 moved all processed HHs to. I converted them using HHconverter and imported them in HM.

Rvg72
07-31-2008, 02:53 AM
Hey,

I just installed the trial and did the following:

1. Exported 28,000 hands from PT2, all played 1v1 at Absolute Poker, 300 per file
2. installed the update to Holdem manager
3. Tried to import from folder, import file(s), or setup the auto import and I get something like this:

Files imported : 96/96
Hands imported 0 hands/s 0/s
duplicate hands: 0
import errors: 0

And no hands or players show up anywhere.
I tried moving them to different folders and reimporting, or even rebooting several times but nothing worked.

I have attached a sample of a smaller file I am importing.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong

Thanks,

-Jeff

Hi, if you do a search replace of "(1 ON 1) " to "" (please note the extra space after the bracket) it will import them ok or you can wait until tomorrow night for 1.06.01o which has this fixed. You will need to move the files to a new folder to force HM to reimport them.

Roy

jeffbg123
07-31-2008, 09:44 PM
That solved SOME of it, but still I am only getting a small % of the hands imported.

I am beginning to think that this software was not thoroughly tested as the string parsing is missing a lot of cases. I exported 350K hands from PT2 and less than 10% are being imported. I did the search and replace on every file

Was there a beta test on this software?

Rvg72
08-02-2008, 02:14 AM
That solved SOME of it, but still I am only getting a small % of the hands imported.

I am beginning to think that this software was not thoroughly tested as the string parsing is missing a lot of cases. I exported 350K hands from PT2 and less than 10% are being imported. I did the search and replace on every file

Was there a beta test on this software?

The problem is with the way PT exports the hands. Original hands from Absolute would import fine. Different versions of PT export hands in slightly different ways and for most sites they alter the format slightly.

All of the hands in the file you attached work ok, if you have more you want me to look at then send to support@holdemmanager.net.
Roy

jeffbg123
08-04-2008, 09:32 PM
I'd love to send in the HHs, but it is 180 Meg......any suggestions?

Rvg72
08-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Can you just send a small sample? Say 20MB? www.yousendit.com is a good free service for this, the maximum I believe is 100 MB.

Roy