PDA

View Full Version : graphed hands tab is empty

cyberpokey
04-02-2011, 05:28 AM
quite frequently hands disappear from this tab(ie it shows 0 hands while displaying graph correctly). now i can't see any hands at all in this tab no matter what filters/dates/players i choose. i tried 1.11.06a-1 and 1.11.06c versions

netsrak
04-02-2011, 05:34 AM
please clear your filters (filter->clear) one time although it seems like no filters are defined.

Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
If that doesn't help you should create a new database and reimport all your hands (+notes +summaries).

cyberpokey
04-02-2011, 09:40 PM
1)please clear your filters (filter->clear) one time although it seems like no filters are defined.

2)Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
3)If that doesn't help you should create a new database and reimport all your hands (+notes +summaries).

done 1 and 2 - hasnt helped me. #3 is hell of a lot of work and definetly not a solution to my problem. it's like saying "throw away your computer and try a new one - it may help". how can avoid it in future even if i create a db and re-import anything? what's the cause of this problem? do you need to see any of my logs or debug info? i need to open a support ticket :confused:

olliepower
04-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Far and wide when things happen like this it is a corrupt database. The only way to fix that is a new database.

If need be, you can try these steps in this FAQ

See this FAQ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/371/Missing+Hands+or+Innacurate+Reports

Otherwise your database is likely corrupt. You could test this by importing a small sample of hands into a new database and see if that fixes your problem. If the hands import normally and display properly then your original DB is corrupt.

Export your Hand Histories
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands

Export Your Notes
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/notes-02.jpg

Export Your Bonuses and Rakeback � Options > Rakeback & Bonuses http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/rakeback-bonuses-01.jpg

Export any tourney summaries by selecting all your tournaments in the Data View Sub-Tab of the Tourney > Results Menu and choose Export Tourney Results and summaries

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/tourney-data-view-01.jpg

Then can you create a new database http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database

Finally reimport all your hands/notes/summaries into the new database

The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn�t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which can easily be rebuilt but in your case it happened to one or more of the tables.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport
2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns (when you flick the power switch on the pc)
3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago.

FWIW ive been using HM for probably 2 years, as part of internal testing we try out internal betas which would have more bugs than the versions we release, i regularly import hands people send that they cant get to import, i datamine 24 hours on a networked PC and i play poker regularly using HM and ive only gotten 1 corruption when my PC lost power during an import so it is extremely stable so if your having issues its most likely something on your PC

cyberpokey
04-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Far and wide when things happen like this it is a corrupt database. The only way to fix that is a new database.

no. my computer(and hence hdd) is 3months old and my hdd has 0 bad sectors. if the db is corrupt how comes hhs appear in other tabs (reports, sessions) perfectly fine while 'graphed hands' in graphs tab is blank? why do i need new db if i only want 'graphed hands' tab to display exactly the same content as other tabs? when i filter hands i want to see them on graph and then review certain hands in replayer. now i have to filter them on graph then apply this filter in other tab and review my hands there.

btw, today for a short time hands were displayed in 'graphed hands' tab, however it became blank soon. when i double-click on the white area inside this tab, i get following message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at d8.b(Object A_0, ItemClickEventArgs A_1)
at Softelvdm.SftTreeNET.SftTree.OnItemClick(StrategyR easonEnum reason, ItemClickEventArgs e)
at Softelvdm.SftTreeNET.SftTree.CallItemClick(Strateg yReasonEnum reason, ItemClickEventArgs e)
at Softelvdm.SftTreeNET.ItemsControlClass.StrategyRou tine(StrategyClass strat)
at Softelvdm.SftTreeNET.SftTree.StrategyRoutine(Strat egyClass strat)
at Softelvdm.SftTreeNET.SftTree.OnMouseDown(MouseEven tArgs e)
at Softelvdm.SftTreeNET.SftTree.Softelvdm.Controls.IO wnerControl.CallMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at Softelvdm.Controls.ISubControlImplementationClass. OnMouseDown(Control thisControl, SoftelvdmUserControl owningControl, MouseEventArgs e)
at Softelvdm.Controls.ISubControlImplementationClass. OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at Softelvdm.SftTreeNET.ItemsControlClass.OnMouseDown (MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HoldemManager
Assembly Version: 1.11.5.3537
Win32 Version: 1.11.05.3537
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/HoldemManager.exe

Patvs
04-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06d_Internal.exe

Create a new database and reimport your archive folder.

The database consists of 45 indexes. It's possible the index for graphed hands is corrupt. (database corruption is common, without a relation to the condition of your harddisk)

cyberpokey
04-08-2011, 02:36 PM
windows 7, windows firewall, dr web anitvirus. created new db and as i said it hasn't helped - sometimes it displays hhs in this tab, sometimes it doesn't. so nothing changed at all with the new db. as i said the problem is not with the db

netsrak
04-09-2011, 05:10 AM
I think we need a sample size of your hands to try to reproduce it.

Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

cyberpokey
05-15-2011, 09:32 AM
windows 7, windows firewall, dr web anitvirus. created new db and as i said it hasn't helped - sometimes it displays hhs in this tab, sometimes it doesn't. so nothing changed at all with the new db. as i said the problem is not with the db

i'm not sending you hhs as it's against tos. the problem still persists and you haven't even listened to what i said in this thread let alone read error messages that i posted. i reimported hhs again into new database so the problem is not in my database. what kind of ignorance is this? you ask me a whole lot of unrelated questions instead of paying any attention to my problem

k1r0m4n
05-15-2011, 11:02 AM
I have the identical, same problem. Im run Window XP Pro

Sarek
05-15-2011, 12:13 PM
We can guarantee that hands you send will not be seen by any player - technical purpose only.
And without hands - what we can do?

Patvs
05-16-2011, 03:35 AM
@CyberPokey. Are you in Europe? Try setting the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) and reboot...

cyberpokey
08-03-2011, 06:51 AM
bump

6months and still no help. pathetic..

netsrak
08-03-2011, 01:36 PM
This is not a very common problem. The only thing we can offer you is a remote session: Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.