PDA

View Full Version : postgres.exe and drwtsn32.exe error after regedit

housenuts
01-22-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm running Windows XP SP3.

I followed the instructions for setting up the database to share between 2 computers on an external hardrive. Through My Computer --> Manage --> Disk Management, I made it so my external HD is always drive F.

I'm sure I followed the instructions exactly.

The data folder on my external hard drive is located at:
F:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\

and that's where I pointed it to in regedit.

After restarting my computer, HEM won't load.

I get the following error(s):

First it says:

drwtsn32.exe - Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Then:
postgres.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

clicking for more details it shows:

Error Signature

szAppName: szAppVer: 0.0.0.0 szModName: unknown
szModVer 0.0.0.0 offset: 00000000

Technical Information:

The following files will be included in this error report:
C:\DOCUME~1\creed\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9d33.dir00\post gres.exe.mdmp

I've tried starting/stopping/restarting the PostgreSQL service manually though Administrative Tools --> Services, but get the same errors. I've rebooted many times but get the same errors.

Also of possible noteworthiness: when i reboot my wireless network connection icon in the taskbar doesn't display until after i've clicked through the errors, and also i sometimes get a message saying i don't have any firewall on my computer, even though i usually have windows firewall on by default.

any ideas? thanks.

morny
01-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Please follow the instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling .net framework here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=14

If the problem persists uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL aswell http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177

housenuts
01-23-2009, 04:15 AM
ok, the uninstall/reinstall of framework and postgresql worked. i don't really like when things just work and i never really got to the root of the problem, but it's fine, it works now.

am i safe to delete the data folder that was in my c drive now? it's taking up over 10gb so it would be nice to free up that space.

morny
01-23-2009, 02:56 PM
No the data folder in PostgreSQL is where your database is stored so dont delete this

housenuts
01-23-2009, 03:34 PM
but isn't it stored on my external hard drive now as that's where i copied it to?

i want to delete the one that was on my desktop hard drive.

morny
01-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Sorry your right, i thought you wanted to delete the current one, its fine to delete the copied one