View Full Version : An error occurred while loading the Prefs files

hombre_blanco
01-22-2009, 07:01 PM
"An error occurred while loading the Prefs files: Root element is missing."

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Holdem Manager Training
01-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Delete your prefs.xml file in C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config

Somehow that file got corrupt and deleting it will force HM to make a new one for you the next time you run HM.

hombre_blanco
01-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Delete your prefs.xml file in C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config

Somehow that file got corrupt and deleting it will force HM to make a new one for you the next time you run HM.

Ok, did that. Now I get the same error message as before, except it says "holdem manager will now backup the old config file and create a new one for you."

I hit "ok" and get a new error message. "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Cannot create a file when that file already exists."

If I hit "continue" then holdem manager seems to loop while trying to initialize the database.

???

edit: I removed the config file, and that seems to allow the software to run now... although, I've lost my custom HUD settings.