PDA

View Full Version : combination of several databases

poilou
01-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Hello,

I have a problem, I installed HM on my new computer and I played a session before having installed my original database ( let's say Database1) . As I would like to have this session in my Database1 I exported the hands of the session and after having restored my Database1 I tried to import the exported hands. This didn't work, I could see in the Tab "Players" that he added some names but it didn't appear in the Tab "Cash Game".
After I tried the inverse, I made an export of the hands from my normal Database1 and I imported them to the Database2 where the hands of my session were saved. This didn't work perfectly either as it didn't import all the hands. I don't understand why.
Do you have an other solution?
I'm getting crazy... :)

Thank you,

poilou

morny
01-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Now that youve exported the hands from both databases, please create a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and import the hands, keep an eye when its finished and tell me how many hands it imported, how many errors and how many duplicates

poilou
01-23-2009, 05:02 AM
I started with importing the hands of my original database1 but it doesn't take all the hands. I imported 235446 and there was 1 import error but no duplicate hands. I don't know how many hands my database1 has (where can I check this?) but normaly I have 19520 players and in the new database just 15137.
And when I restore my original database, I have all the hands, but when I try to import the hands of my session played in the other database HM doesn't show them...

morny
01-23-2009, 02:52 PM
It looks like you might have hands somewhere else as if there was only 1 error then that would only be 1 missing hand so either the hands didnt export properly or there stored somewhere else

poilou
01-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Yes, it seems like there is a problem with the exported hands. But I don't understand why... I do excactly what is discribed in the FAQ's....
Is there an other way to fusion 2 databases?

morny
01-23-2009, 03:40 PM
You can use this way to export the hands http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173 instead of backuping up and restoring and its more reliable although not as fast