PDA

View Full Version : System Restore Denied

andrewships
03-31-2011, 05:26 PM
I've never tilted in poker as hard as I have tilted on HEM today. I woke up and played 3 sessions, ate lunch, then came back to the old "cannot connect to" postgres issue. Spent the last 3 hours trying to deal with that. Finally got back into HEM and everything is gone.

Luckily I did a system backup recently and have a most of what I need saved. However, whenever I try to initiate the restoration, I get this message.

Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\Local Settings\Application Data\In the Money\Temp.xsl' is denied.

Please help. This is the second time in 10 days I have spent nearly all my time trying to get HEM to function without problems. It's costing me money.

Patvs
03-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off.

--

I would just turn off uac How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 » My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/) completely and reboot.

andrewships
03-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Sorry, I know I should have included this. Using XP Pro (5.1). AVG Anti-virus. Firewall has been deactivated.

andrewships
03-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Also, I got the update. Still getting the same error.

Patvs
03-31-2011, 07:26 PM
Run a manual Windows Update and install ALL updates. (also non-critical .net framework updates)
XP is already updated to Service Pack 3?

Does your XP account an administrator account?

Also you rightclick on the HoldemManager folder and C:\Documents and Settings folder--> properties--> and turn off the "read-only" attribute.

andrewships
03-31-2011, 08:26 PM
- Windows Update complete (including .net framework)
- Service Pack 3 is already updated.
- Single Account; Admin Account.
- "Read-only" has been disabled.

Same error message still when I try to restore. Even tried an older backup file I had saved.

Spent all day trying to get HEM to work properly and played no poker because I've become so relient on the software. This is bad.

: (

andrewships
03-31-2011, 08:30 PM
I also installed the combo installer for HEM and Postgresql to ensure I had accurate versions of both and I restarted. HEM will open but it's worthless because I can't load any database.

andrewships
03-31-2011, 08:47 PM
UPDATE: I successfully loaded my main database!

I don't even know why I tried this but if you'll notice in the JPEG and the directory for the "In The Money" folder, it was just in the larger Application Data folder.

Inside this Application Data folder there is also a "Full Tilt Poker" folder. I simply selected Properties and disabled the "Read-Only" option in the "In the Money" folder (to match your suggestion about disabling "Read-Only in the HEM Properties) and moved it into the "FTP" folder.

I don't understand if the "ITM" folder is supposed to be where it was or not, but I am ecstatic to have my HEM files back in order.

I don't even really know why I tried this because I don't really know what I'm doing. But it worked.

Thanks for the help.

Does this make any sense?