PDA

View Full Version : HM problem, can't start database, also postSQL problem

euroglot
01-21-2009, 02:42 PM
When I try to start HM I get this error:

"The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'.

Then the HM tries to start up but then I get this error:

"Holdem Manager has determined that you are running Microsoft Vista. In order to have Holdem Manager run well you should disable User Access Control in your Control Panel - User section. This is needed to properly install Postgre

UAC was already disabled but when I click ´OK´ I go to the Database Control Panel. I try to connect but I get this message:

"A connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like to have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service?"

I click Yes and then I get:

"Holdem Manager has started the service. Please try again."

So that´s the problem. I already reinstalled PostgreSQL but it doesn´t help. How do I solve this problem?

Gomez224
01-21-2009, 04:56 PM
When I first install PostgreSQL and create a new database evrything work perrfect beside HUD :/ don't know why. But when i restart my computer I have exactly the same problem.

euroglot
01-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Now I can't play poker! :(

morny
01-21-2009, 10:13 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34 Follow that FAQ exactly please for the solution

euroglot
01-22-2009, 11:32 AM
I get an error when I try to allow PostgreSQL through Windows Firewall.

'Can't add port 'TCP 5432 (PostgreSQL)'. There is already a mention for the same port 'TCP 5432 (postgres)'.

Can I maybe get helped through teamviewer? Or is it maybe better to wait to monday when I get my new computer? Also quick question: where can I find a faq for transferring my database to my new computer?

morny
01-22-2009, 03:45 PM
This just means its already added so skip to the next step

euroglot
01-22-2009, 06:41 PM
I followed all the steps, tried everything, and I still get the same error.

Could I get a teamviewer session or again, is it better to wait till monday for my new computer to arrive?

morny
01-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Its quite late but ill do a session tommorrow if you email me a suitable time and hopefully get you up and running until monday