PDA

View Full Version : Unknown players being selected - 1.06.01i XP

kidpokeher
07-29-2008, 05:25 AM
Does anyone else get these strange random names appearing in the player change box when they first open HM? I've got all these names I've never selected in the dropdown list because it keeps opening these random playernames when I go to the Reports tab.

I'm taking a wild guess, but I believe it has something to do with the total number of players in the database. Whenever the total number of players goes up, it seems to pull up a random player (that happens to be near my original playername). It's like the player I had selected loses its place in line. Just a guess.

Oh yeah, how can I delete these players from being in the dropdown list?

morny
07-29-2008, 06:35 PM
I always presumed it was top 20 most accessed players, mainly because the peoples who sn i access the most seem to be on mine.

When you say it selects them to you mean adds them to the drop downlist or actually selects their name and takes your name out and so when you run a report you get it on this random guy?

If so when does this happen, does it happen all the time?

You cannot delete the players from this dropdown list btw

kidpokeher
07-29-2008, 07:38 PM
HM starts up with the import tab. When I go from the import tab to the reports tab it'll pick some odd name and pull up the data on that player. Then the player is saved in the dropdown list.

I have two databases. When I flip over to the reports tab on the other database it says 'player not selected' in spite of the fact I always close HM on some active player, usually myself. Strange behavior.

Downloading 'm' version. I'll see if this is still happening.

kidpokeher
07-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Problem still happens in 'm'. I'm starting to wonder if switching databases somehow contributes to the problem. When I start HM fresh with the same database it pulls up the last active player. When I switch to a different database using Database Management, that's when this error seems to occur.