PDA

View Full Version : Error importing hands & cannot create DB

Furisern
03-31-2011, 01:31 AM
I am using the las Hm_1.11.06c.exe
I cannot display HUD.
I cannot import hand, HM see the directory, see the files to import, but then I got a 'Import error' msg.
I try to create a new DB to check if the problem could come from there and I got a msg error in a 'DB Control Panel' window: ERROR SP5801: could not open relation base/83123/2604.
I go to the Postgres directory and effectively I have a C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\data\base\83123 folder with no 2604 files. I have 2601, 2602,..., 2605, ... files and the same files with _fsm or _vm sufix but no 2604.
With PGAdmin3, I was able to create a DB

What's wrong?

netsrak
03-31-2011, 04:24 AM
Your database installation is damaged (which may be caused by a harddisk failure).

You should run a chkdsk on your harddisk and reinstall postgresql. Then you should be able to create a new database.

Furisern
03-31-2011, 05:39 AM
Thx for your answer.
Now, can you indicate me a way to re-install Postgres (as it was installed by HM) ?

Basically, I see 2 ways:
- Outside of HM, but could you give me a link to proceed ? I can proceed with technical stuff, but I would like to be sure to have the right way to do it (right version, etc...)
- I have all the hands of my DB backuped so I could de-install HM and re-install him but will it re-install Postgres ? And no problem of licence ?

netsrak
03-31-2011, 08:18 AM
You only need to reinstall Postgresql, not Holdemmanager. Your license will stay unchanged (btw. its a lifetime license for HM 1.0 so if you need to reinstall your PC you can reset the key and use it again.)

For the postgresql installation.
Please uninstall your current postgresql installation under control panel -> programs.
Delete the remaining postgres folders (the data are damaged anyway).

After completion please install a standalone Postgresql: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/38/PostgreSQL+Install

The default postgres password holdemmanager uses is postgrespass

Furisern
03-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Ok, it did work. The only problem I had is that the Postgres Install asked me a password for a 'postgres' user, and I thought it was Postgres superuser but no.
It took me a little while to think it could be a Windows User. In fact, deinstalling Postgres does not delete this user
Once changed the password, I could continue with the Install. Then I could recreate the DB with HM, import hands, try a session to check that hands were auto-imported correctly.
I just had the problem to see the HUD displayed, because Table manager was not launched, and then the table was not checked into Table manager. I had to open it directly launching HMHud.exe.

I believe it's OK now, but if it happens again, could you indicate me the way to configure HM so that Table manager is automatically launched? I believed I had the same problem when I first installed HM and that I activated some kind of option, but I cannot see which one, nor in the online help. Thank to remember this, please.

And thanks for your answers.

Patvs
03-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off.

Furisern
04-01-2011, 03:22 AM
WinXP - I have the rights of admin on my laptop.
I already have installed Hm_1.11.06c.exe
No firewall, anti-virus not a problem as it did run before.

I don't have to run these programs in compatibility mode with WinXP, right ?

Furisern
04-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Well, looks that it works now, with the table manager starting automatically and correctly.
I did reinstall WinXP SP3 after the HD problems. Don't know if that was the problem.
Thanks for your help.