PDA

View Full Version : Best way to extract subset of hands

higher1871
01-20-2009, 05:38 PM
My DB has almost 5 million hands in it. This includes hands played and datamined.

I want to extract the last 15000 hands that I have played so I can send them to a coach to review my stats over this period.

What is the best way to get these hands - running an export looks like it is all or nothing ?

morny
01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Hm isnt yet setup for selective export but this should work for 15k hands.

Load the last 15k hands and select the bottom pane in the Hands TAB and change from last 100 to all. Look for the date of the oldest hand.

Lets say it says 3 weeks ago then devide the period up into 3 sections (week 1,2 and 3) run a filter to load week 3, again choose show all instead of last 100 and right click on one of the hands in the Hands TAB in the bottom pane and choose export all hands to hard disk.

Repeat for week 2 and week 3. the reason we do this is trying to show 15k hands in the Hands TAB may lag and freeze so we want to divide it up into smaller chunks.

Your hands will be exported to the Exported Hands folder in HM

higher1871
01-20-2009, 07:45 PM
I didn't realise you could export hands directly from the bottom pane.

I ended up just using the Reports tab, selecting last 15000 hands from the drop down tab and then checking the all radio button. It took less than a minute to load up the hands and I just right clicked > Export All Hands To Hard Drive and that only took a couple of minutes to run.

Thanks - great support as always :)