PDA

View Full Version : SNG Equity and HU Finish Statistics

phaze3131
03-30-2011, 05:08 PM
I play full ring turbo SNGs on Stars.

My question is simply this. Can I use HM to run some kind of report to find out how much equity I started with once we got HU up crossed with my finish positions.

So I'd run the report for say the week to see how my luck is HU or to even see if my HU game needs some work.

Thanks!

Patvs
03-30-2011, 08:23 PM
So you'd like to split up the current Luck Adjusted Winnings, to only look at:
equity when HU started---> outcome of the SNG.

No, this is not currently an available feature.

Adding such a feature would lead to very biased results.
Suppose first hand of the SNG you win AQ vs AK (allin on a Axxx board) and with your early double up, you dominate the table and you make it all the way headsup.
You then lose AK vs AJ preflop allin and finish in 2th place.

With your suggested filter, it would show you had a 80% chance to win the SNG, and were extremely unlucky. It doesn't take into account you had a 92% chance to be eliminated into 9th place.

---

Edit: actually what you can do:
Sort the dataview by Finish position. Delete ALL games where you finished in 3th-9th place. (since unfortunately we have no "finish position" filter.)
Then in the graph, you should see your actual winnings vs EV for all the games you ended up HU.
(and it will take EV into account of the entire SNG for the most fair results.)

phaze3131
04-06-2011, 04:20 AM
To remove any idea of something being biased is negated when I am talking about 10k heads up matches, so that "biased" idea does not matter.

I am just looking for a way to see equity gone into heads up and then my finish position.

I do not want to delete tournies from my database...

edit:
I just ran a report and added $ev adjusted. I assume comparing this to reality in the database will say how I am doing heads up?

Sarek
04-06-2011, 04:50 AM
In some approximation - yes, but in general (IMO) giving much attention to EV adjusted brings you in tilt and no more :)

phaze3131
04-12-2011, 07:03 PM
In some approximation - yes, but in general (IMO) giving much attention to EV adjusted brings you in tilt and no more :)

I guess to a mediocre player who does not with to constantly improve their game then I might agree.

However, I am always trying to improve my game and knowing such a statistic would really help me find problems that might be there once I get down to heads up.