PDA

View Full Version : Problems getting Holdem Manager to work

to_me_ta
01-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi guys. I have recently downloaded Holdem manager, however I can't get it to work as after I install Postgre SQL, I can't get Holdem manager to connect to it.........any tips fellas? :confused:

morny
01-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Please tell me the exact error your getting?

to_me_ta
01-20-2009, 10:21 AM
Yeah it comes up with "a connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like Holdem Manager attempt to start this service?" When you OK it, it comes up with "sorry, Holdem Manager was unable to start the service"

morny
01-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Please try this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

to_me_ta
01-20-2009, 10:36 AM
I am using Vista but when I search for holdemmanager.exe, holdem manager itself opens up so I can't right click it obviously. Also when I search for hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe the computer can't find these files :mad:

morny
01-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Before you open the file right click it first, you dont need to search for the files they are stored at C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager

to_me_ta
01-20-2009, 10:52 AM
ok buddy i will try that bear with me....

to_me_ta
01-20-2009, 11:09 AM
ok i seem to have got a bit further....when u open holdem manager how long does it take to initialise the database? seems to be taken ages

to_me_ta
01-20-2009, 11:29 AM
something wrong here I think.....database initialising for about 30 mins now.....

morny
01-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Try rebooting and trying again, it might have froze or something, also make sure your firewall and antivirus arent blocking HM or PostgreSQL by adding them to the exclusions list

to_me_ta
01-20-2009, 12:38 PM
ok morny firewall/antivirus is off, i uninstalled holdem manager and postgreSQL, rebooted and downloaded SQL in accordance with the holdem manager site, changing the server and client to SQL_ASCII. With initialise database cluster box clicked, I am getting a data directory error saying "the specified data directory is not empty. If you have an existing database with the same major version number, you do not need to initialize a database cluster. If you have an existing database with a different major version you need to back up your old database and create a new one"........don't know why.

to_me_ta
01-20-2009, 03:44 PM
Morny,

I have now managed to get HEM and PostgreSQL downloaded. For some reason when I go to import my hand histories, HEM can't find the folder it is saved in? And it won't let me type the location.

morny
01-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Im not sure what you mean it cant find it, you need to navigate to the folder there stored in as HM dosent know where to find it, you need to show it?