PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager Installation Nightmare

saintjohn
03-29-2011, 07:43 PM
I have been trying for 4 days with 7 hours of time, including 2 hours of paid local IT support, trying to get Holdem Manager to work with postgreSQL. This effort was on two different computers, desktop and laptop.

I have been into the FAQ section, reading the forums, etc. All this to no avail.

I have sent an email to suppot at HoldemManager and received a response. I did the steps in that email, but this also did not work. This email included a link to a non-existent 8.2 version of postgreSQL. I have during this time installed the HoldemManager, the Combo version and 3 different versions of postgreSQL. I probably have removed and reinstalled with different combinations at least 10 times.

I sent followup emails to HoldemManager support yesterday and sales but have received no response.

This is all extremely frustrating and a huge loss of my time, plus becoming quite expensive getting paid IT help to install software I have paid for.

I am posting this on other poker related forums in the hope that someone else has suggestions on how to solve this.

Patvs
03-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Stop paying your IT guy.
We can help you install it via teamviewer for free.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

SQL 8.2 will always run. You can download it here: PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.20/win32/postgresql-8.2.20-1.zip)

saintjohn
03-31-2011, 10:07 AM
thanks for your reply, but since your response i've made three attempts to contact you without success - two by skypes and once by instant messenger. unfortunately, i have no idea when to try and contact you by skypes as you suggested. if you could include some times that are good to contact you that would be helpful.

saint john

netsrak
04-01-2011, 02:12 AM
You have Pats skype account?

If not please send him a PM

saintjohn
04-01-2011, 02:22 AM
he helped me today, thank you.

saintjohn
04-06-2011, 10:38 AM
patrick,

my hand replayer won't open at all since you helped me install hm. i read the fix directions, but my computer skills are such that i'm worried i won't get it correctly. i'm going to contact you again via skypes for your assistance, please.

saint john

netsrak
04-07-2011, 03:51 AM
Pat is travelling to China at the moment. So his online time might be limited.

This are our general replayer hints:
* The replayer is not working with the Comodo firewall. You need to uninstall it.
If thats not the reason please try the following:.
1. close HM
2. create a backup copy of the file config\holdemmanager.config
3. open the original file in a texteditor like notepad
4. delete the 2 lines with the following settings:
setting name="ReplayerSettings" ...
and
setting name="ReplayerSkinToUse....
5. save and exit
6. restart HM. The lines in the config file will be recreated.
7. check the subfolder replayer skin\default skin of your holdemmanager installation path (default c:\program files(X86)\rvg software\holdemmanager. Does this folder exist and contain files? If not please come back, we need to send you the files.
8. Test the replayer again. If it still doesn't work you need to reinstall HM with a fresh configuration.

saintjohn
04-07-2011, 04:50 AM
is there any other person that can help besides patrick? patrick installed holdem manager on my laptop a few days ago, but when i went to find the file "config\holdemmanager.config", i couldn't even find holdem manager or holdem manager files under "program files" or under the list of program files in the "install/uninstall" area. yet when i click on the holdem manager shortcut on my desktop something comes up that looks like holdem manager. once again i feel i need some teamviewer type help, but this isn't available right now?

Sarek
04-07-2011, 05:13 AM
This IS possible even without Patrick. Send email to support@holdemmanager.com and request scheduling for TV session.

saintjohn
04-07-2011, 05:35 AM
thanks, i just sent a request to support. when you e-mail me, would you please indicate what are the times i should try and contact you?

saintjohn
04-09-2011, 01:28 AM
haven't heard back from anybody yet.

netsrak
04-09-2011, 05:06 AM
Your email was answered yesterday by Fozzy to arrange a remote session.
Please check your spam folder.

saintjohn
04-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Your email was answered yesterday by Fozzy to arrange a remote session.
Please check your spam folder.

i haven't had any messages go to my spam folder at all from holdem manager or fozzy. why don't you try again?

netsrak
04-09-2011, 10:54 AM
ok, i send Fozzy's mail again.

saintjohn
04-10-2011, 12:00 AM
still no contact or answer. holdem manager still not working.

netsrak
04-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Sarek send a link to this thread to Fozzy. You can probably send him a PM too.

fozzy71
04-10-2011, 09:20 AM
The email we sent on the 7th got bounced back for some reason but the email I sent to you 24 hours ago appears to have sent fine.

Please send me a PM, and email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you. I schedule support from 13:00 - 22:00 GMT, 7 days a week.

saintjohn
04-10-2011, 03:09 PM
i forgot to tell you in my email that i'm the usa eastern time zone - six hours behind you i believe. all day on sunday(today) is good. tomorrow(monday) your time 1600 - 1800hrs gmt is good.

john rowan

saintjohn
04-10-2011, 03:28 PM
also, if you could send me your skypes name i could check and see when you were online and try to get through on skypes.

fozzy71
04-10-2011, 04:20 PM
I do not use Skype with customers. I am waiting for you to send me an email with the teamviewer details, for the session we planned to start in 10 minutes.

saintjohn
04-11-2011, 06:50 AM
sarek the hand replayer seems to be working now, but no huds automaticly pop up when i have full tilt open and the hm program open to a sitngo. am i supposed to do something to make this happen or is it supposed to be automatic?

thanks

saint john

netsrak
04-11-2011, 08:12 AM
You need to configure the FTP client: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/5/Full+Tilt+Setup
The FTP client must be switched to english language

and you need to start the auto-import.

fozzy71
04-11-2011, 10:15 AM
If you would like to reschedule your teamviewer session I have time available today. I will book you for the same time as I had you scheduled for yesterday: 16:30 EDT (20:30 GMT). If that time is not convenient just tell me which times you are available and I will work around your schedule as best as I can.

15 - 30 minutes before our session please start the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer - and email me the ID and password information. I will open a chat window inside Teamviewer after I connect.

You can send it to our support@holdemmanager.com to my attention, or directly to my inbox at fozzy@holdemmanager.net

saintjohn
04-11-2011, 10:45 AM
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/62471-holdem-manager-installation-nightmare.html#post302801

i don't know if i can be at the computer at 4:30 today. i'll be at work. i can do it now if you're available.

teamviewer id is 557 630 489

kke696=password

yesterday sarek spent two hours helping me, so i would think he had already done the suggestions netsrak made in the post just prior to yours.

fozzy71
04-11-2011, 11:13 AM
No, I can not do it right now. I have other customers scheduled for most of the afternoon.

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session.

Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you. I schedule support from 13:00 - 22:00 GMT, 7 days a week.

I will put you on my calendar for this same time tomorrow, 11:00am EDT.

saintjohn
04-11-2011, 11:15 AM
ok i just got it working on a ring game by following netsrak suggestions

thanks

saintjohn
04-11-2011, 11:59 AM
fozzy, i'm going to keep the 1100 hrs appointment you made me for tomorrow. something isn't right with the hud. i don't think i'm supposed to have to press start auto import everytime i play am i?

thanks

saint john

fozzy71
04-11-2011, 12:08 PM
fozzy, i'm going to keep the 1100 hrs appointment you made me for tomorrow. something isn't right with the hud. i don't think i'm supposed to have to press start auto import everytime i play am i?

thanks

saint john

You need to start auto import every time you open HM to play a session. Then you need to stop import before you close HM. Next time you open HM to play you start auto import again.

I will plan to meet you tomorrow at 11:00 EDT, and help you with any problems or questions you still have, and give you some pointers to help you learn the software faster, but please make sure you send me the details via email. I am not checking the forums as often as I check the email system.

fozzy71
04-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Please close teamviewer. Our license is only good for version 5, and you have version 6.

Download this file to your desktop - http://www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer

Double click the file and send me the id and password via email with a Reply to All.

After our session you can delete the version 5 quick support module.

saintjohn
10-19-2011, 10:25 AM
i just saw this old thread that i had started when i first got hem. i should have contacted support right away as soon as i had problems with the installation, especially since at the time my computer knowledge extended to sending and recieving emails. what a terrible experience i had trying to get hem up and running! i was mad enough to spit nails; but if you're new to hem and having problems, just keep hanging in there. it's worth it! your email to support will be answered in less than 24 hours. all the support people will help you tirelessly until the issues are solved.

p.s. watch the hem instructional videos. your life will be much easier!

saint john