PDA

View Full Version : Big problem with HM startup

eoincarroll16
03-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Hi guys just bought HM a few weeks ago and its great, well worth the money!

Although I logged on this morning and it would not open I got the error start failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1.

I KNOW THERE IS 100 MILLION DIFFERENT THREADS LIKE THIS BUT.....

I think the problem might be related to WINDOWS DEFENDER, this programme is not working for me, I cannot open it to give permission to HM to start up.

I cannot uninstall it because it is not in the add/ remove programmes list,

please please help because I really need to get my HM back on track!

Patvs
03-29-2011, 10:20 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

---

Not being able to open Windows Defender is a common Windows issue.
It should work if you manually stop the Windows Defender service and start the service again:

Right click on My Computer---> Manage--> Services--> find Windows Defender--> rightclick on it--> properties--> stop/start the service

(although it's extremely RARE, Windows Defender is causing HoldemManager related issues)

eoincarroll16
03-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Hi cannot start it manually man, it says 'the windows defender service has started and then stopped, some services stop if they are not in use or other
services or programmes' any ideas about this?

I feel i need to completely reinstall windows defender but i cannot find it in the add/remove programmes menu and i downloaded revo and i still cant find it in the list of programmes on revo.

Ideas anyone??

Patvs
03-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Not being able to open Windows Defender is a common Windows issue.
I would just ignore it.

Just try installing a different version of PostgreSQL to a different port.
For example 9.0.3 to port 5433 and only set exceptions to port 5433 to Windows FIREWALL.

eoincarroll16
03-30-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm sorry manthis is gonna drive u nuts but i dont understand that? ^ your saying to reinstall posgre? In a way that it will bypass windows defender?

Is there a post somewhere for this?

eoincarroll16
03-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Sorry about this I really need to get HM back on track asap If anyone can talk me trough doing this Id really appriecate it! :)

Patvs
03-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Download 9.0.3 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org) and install it to port 5433.

If that also won't run/won't install, it's probably not Defender causing your connection issues.

eoincarroll16
03-30-2011, 08:48 PM
I'v downloaded it under that port and tried to startup hm with no joy, when the datebase control panel came upi changed the port to 5433 even and still no luck,i got 28P01 as my error code and some other things that dont make sense, anybody know anything about this?

I'm pretty bad with stuff like this.

Patvs
03-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Install: PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.20/win32/postgresql-8.2.20-1.zip)
to port 5434