PDA

View Full Version : error of HM because of failing to select ''run as administrator''

pokermanialex
01-19-2009, 04:05 PM
My fellow poker players,

my name is Alex Markus, 25 years old and i just bought HM to elevate my poker career. It would be a great help if someone could help me with the folowing problem.

Unfortunately i have Windows Vista. After i downloaded HM, i opened the zipfile and started setup.exe. This didnt work the first time because i failed to ''run HM as administrator''. After consulting this site i found out where i could fix this (right click setup.exe,properties, compatibility, etc). Despite of my heroic efforts i cant click the square so it ''runs as aministrator.''

My question is: what do i need to do despite of this inconvenience in order to make Holdem Manager ''run as administrator''?

Another important cliff note: after i purchased and installed the software, the file Holdem Manager.exe didnt show (as in HM's setup guide) but a file called ''HM Setup Project.'' Perhaps this has something to do with it?

I look forward to your answers.
With kind regards,

Alex Markus
19th of Januari

morny
01-19-2009, 04:14 PM
if its greyed out you most likely have UAC disabled and it essentially is running as administrator. That file just changed names to something more descriptive however its the correct file.

Is there a specific issue or were you just checking why you couldnt click the run as admin?