PDA

View Full Version : 1.06.01m

Rvg72
07-29-2008, 03:03 AM
http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01m.exe

This is still a work in progress but this one has enough bug fixes and import improvements that I'd recommend downloading it if you are having issues.

You will be prompted to update you database with new indexes to allow for hand / session deletion. If you have a huge DB you might want to skip it or at least run it overnight. On a 2 million hand DB it finished in about 6 minutes for me but on a 10 million hand DB it was timing out and failing so this is still being worked on. Every time you launch it you will get the option “Ask me Later” for this DB change. Worst case scenario it will eventually time out and then ask you again next time you launch.

Like I said, there are still a number of issues that are being worked on but this one should be better than the previous few builds since most of the effort was focused on bug fixes.

Roy

smf
07-29-2008, 03:13 AM
yay :) updating

edit: this version fixes a lot of the "saving bugs", the extra space bug is still there though :/

starf
07-29-2008, 04:04 AM
though deleting specific hands is nice, there is still no way to delete all hands from a specific STAKE, can't you add that selection option to the purge?

MSK
07-29-2008, 04:04 AM
does this fix the invalid pospref message which leads to all ppl affected having to re-arrange their stats everytime they start a new sesh?

MrNike
07-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Any way i can delete observed hands ? I would like to keep my hands ;)

Greetings,
MrNike

belgariad
07-29-2008, 08:13 AM
dont know if this is supposed to be fixed but the bug where layouts isnt saved is still there and the bug where you cant change the main popup window also.

/B

starf
07-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Any way i can delete observed hands ? I would like to keep my hands ;)

Greetings,
MrNike

you can delete observed hands by choosing "options -> observed hand history configuration -> purge hand history options" but there is no way to only delete the stake of your choice making it useless

so hence my previous reply

though deleting specific hands is nice, there is still no way to delete all hands from a specific STAKE, can't you add that selection option to the purge?

Rvg72
07-29-2008, 12:33 PM
yay :) updating

edit: this version fixes a lot of the "saving bugs", the extra space bug is still there though :/

The extra space bug will need to wait until Mike gets back from England in a week

Yes it can be done but everything takes time. Letting people delete individual hands / sessions was higher on the priority list right now.

does this fix the invalid pospref message which leads to all ppl affected having to re-arrange their stats everytime they start a new sesh?

Probably not - we're still working on that one and it requires a hud update.

Any way i can delete observed hands ? I would like to keep my hands

Yes: Options - Observed Hands - Purge Observed Hands. You can also selectively purge them but you should make sure you have a backup of the originals somewhere in case you want to reimport the hands later. This purging does not remove stats, it just saves disk space by removing hand histories.

and the bug where you cant change the main popup window also.

Will Fix

you can delete observed hands by choosing "options -> observed hand history configuration -> purge hand history options" but there is no way to only delete the stake of your choice making it useless

It is far from useless - everyone has different needs, for many people huge database sizes were a problem since it was taking up all the space in their drives due to the hand history files of observed hands being in there. This feature was a great addition for them. The one you are looking for is still coming.

Roy

Rvg72
07-29-2008, 02:41 PM
I took down the link just now - found an issue with large imports where it would start marking lots of hands as errors in a big import because it thinks there are duplicate values.

Shouldn't take too long to correct this

Roy

coelho
07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
mmm... clicking on the URL asks for login/pw. Could you please look into this?

Edit: Please ignore, your message is crossing mine.

fnuno
07-29-2008, 03:21 PM
not working

fnuno
07-29-2008, 03:26 PM
not working

on Notices: "latest hm .." is working though http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdatex.exe

btw, pls let miniview prima players use the hud on thge exterior of that tiny window..

brash
07-29-2008, 04:04 PM
[Does this fix the invalid pospref message?]
Probably not - we're still working on that one and it requires a hud update.

That's odd. I updated to 1.06.01e and that message went away, and my stats started being in the correct place again. I assumed this was fixed!

Rvg72
07-29-2008, 04:08 PM
That's odd. I updated to 1.06.01e and that message went away, and my stats started being in the correct place again. I assumed this was fixed!

The problem is really inconsistent - still happening to a few people.

Roy

Rvg72
07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Version m is backup

http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01m.exe

The problem is that it was trying to add some duplicate records into a list which would happen during largish observed hand imports.

Roy

Rvg72
07-29-2008, 08:50 PM
A few more bug fixes from this thread, the 1.06.x thread and e-mails and just about done adding Mass Hand Purging where you can select stakes, sites, date ranges etc and delete all hands (or just observed hands) within your DB. That will be ready late tonight or tomorrow in 1.06.01n which, as requested by many people, will be in a new thread with a new download link :)

Roy

versteegrob
07-30-2008, 05:00 AM
I get this error during the install

The package was unable to replace the following file C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Holdemmanager.exe

What can i do about this?

devZERO
07-30-2008, 05:29 AM
Hi, i've still very slow import speed.

Poker Site(s): PokerStars
# Players in DB: ~70.000
Importing Mined Hands?: yes
If so, saving all, some or no observed hand histories?: some, purging after import
Did you disable daily cache in 1.06.01: no
What is the average size of the hand history files you importing?: 400kb

the72o
07-30-2008, 05:39 AM
I get this error during the install

The package was unable to replace the following file C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Holdemmanager.exe

What can i do about this?

reboot computer and try again

devZERO
07-30-2008, 06:17 AM

Kill HMImport.exe in taksmanager.

versteegrob
07-30-2008, 06:41 AM

It works now !

Gregster6
07-30-2008, 09:16 AM
That will be ready late tonight or tomorrow in 1.06.01n which, as requested by many people, will be in a new thread with a new download link :)

This new thread per release thing is a good idea...release notes / what's changed in the first post would be most helpful.

mamba
07-30-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm noticing that my performance gets worse and worse as my DB grows.

Will deleting HHs help me with this issue or is it just designed to keep disk space small?

starf
07-30-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm noticing that my performance gets worse and worse as my DB grows.

Will deleting HHs help me with this issue or is it just designed to keep disk space small?

it wil probably help, if you can wait until this evening or tomorrow, we are promised a new version that lets us delete hh properly sorted by stakes/date etc...

mamba
07-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Ok thanks, and will there at some point be a release, where I can also delete older data.
E.G. if I don't care what my opponent did 8 months ago and this data is more misleading than helpful and likely also worsens my performance.

morny
07-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Yes you can delete hands with version M, if you want to delete by stake etc just use the Hands TAB, setup the required filter, use Shift+left mouse button to select a large number of hands and right click and choose delete.

Rvg72
07-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Also, "n" will be released today with mass delete ability where you can wipe out entire stakes / date ranges etc from your database.