PDA

View Full Version : Stopping Import Midway

TierTier
01-19-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm 12hours in a 750k import. I usually import at around 16-17 h/s, but, now it's own to 6 h/s and so it is estimating another 24 hours to finish.

My question is if I stop the import, analyze the database, and then start it back up again will HEM have to run through all the previous hands?

In other words, it currently has moved zero files to the archive. Does it only move them all in batch after it is 100% complete, or if I stop it will it move the ones that have already been imported? I'm trying to decide if the gain in h/s will make up for the time to analyze the database plus rerun through the 280k hands it has currently done...

Thanks.

Al1
01-19-2009, 11:28 AM
If you are manually importing your hands (not the auto-import), your files are not moved after the import. Generally, you can stop the process and continue it later (don't change the folder where your HHs are).

Nevertheless, it seems you are running very slow, 16-17 h/s is hyper slow. Was it allways like that?

TierTier
01-19-2009, 11:46 AM
If you are manually importing your hands (not the auto-import), your files are not moved after the import. Generally, you can stop the process and continue it later (don't change the folder where your HHs are).

Nevertheless, it seems you are running very slow, 16-17 h/s is hyper slow. Was it allways like that?

Yes, that's about the quickest I run.

I downloaded hand histories to a folder and did the start auto-import. Not sure if that goes under manual or auto....

Al1
01-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Auto...

You have to do it manually when you import so much files.

TierTier
01-19-2009, 03:12 PM
uhm...I did a search for 'manual import' and I'm not coming across anything that is telling me how I ca do it any other way besides hitting "start auto import" once I've downloaded hands to my folder.

Sure I'm missing something painfully obvious...

TierTier
01-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Well I stopped my import, did a full database vacuum while I went to gym, just got back and am now importing at 3.6h/s and need another 36 hours jesus christ!!!

morny
01-19-2009, 04:03 PM
To do a manual import stop the auto import and above that choose import from file or import from folder and see if it improves. You shouldnt use auto import to import large amount of hands you should only use it to import hands live while playing or mining

TierTier
01-19-2009, 04:33 PM
I stopped it and did a defragging as well. I have been using "import from folder" when I import datamined hands. I just did not realize that was known as a manual import. I'm still at 5.8h/s. I'm not running some piece of shit computer either.

I estimate that I have around 4.5million hands in my database. I guess I should try to clear up my NL25 hands at the least since I've moved up a few levels now.