PDA

View Full Version : Please help with error "Root element is missing"

macaunoob
03-28-2011, 09:52 PM
I was running Holdem manager without problems and I lost power so my computer was shutdown.
After turning it back on, I tried to load Holdem manager and I receive this error message "An error occurred while loading the Prefs files: Root element is missing"
Please let me know how I can fix this problem.
Thanks for your help.

Patvs
03-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

--

Try deleting the HoldemManager.config file in the Program Files/RVG Software/HoldemManager/config/ folder and restart HoldemManager.

macaunoob
03-28-2011, 11:32 PM
I have downloaded and installed the latest update.

XP professional version 2002 service pack 3

Norton Internet Security and its Smart Firewall

I tried deleting the HoldemManager.config file, but the problem remains.

Thanks for your help.

Patvs
03-29-2011, 02:22 AM
Read: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/52951-norton-antivirus-version-1-11-06b.html

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files (\holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe), even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily

--

Can you delete the prefs.xml file (also in the Program Files/RVG Software/HoldemManager/config/ folder) and restart HoldemManager.

macaunoob
03-29-2011, 03:04 AM
Deleting the pref file worked.
I had to restore the config file though.
Thanks a lot.
I really appreciate your help.