PDA

View Full Version : deleting hands from a database

zedsdead
01-18-2009, 06:19 PM
i'd like to remove some hands from a database, but when i remove the hh's from the folder on my desktop, where HEM finds them, they still show up in the HEM database. is there anyway to delete hands so they are withdrawn from the database completely?

thank you.

morny
01-18-2009, 09:39 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=152

zedsdead
01-18-2009, 11:09 PM
ah i apologize.

yes i've searched through the faq and haven't seen anything on deleting specific hh's from a database. i see how to delete an entire database and how to purge hands but i'm not interested in either of those options since i'm looking to keep some hands in the database and purging doesn't entirely delete the ones i do wish to not have, which is what i want to do.

i'm running windows vista and what i've tried so far is to go into the folder where i have all the hh's stored (i named it processed files) and manually extract certain hh's. it seems intuitive to me to do so... if the database can't access the specific hh, then it shouldn't be able to read it etc. so my problem should be solved. that's not the case though. i remove the hh, but the hem database still shows the specific session, or the one i was trying to take out.

hopefully that is more clear. basically i just want to delete a few sessions completely from the database. maybe i'm not getting at the folder that has an effect on the database? i'm not sure. thanks again

Al1
01-19-2009, 10:46 AM
ah i apologize.

yes i've searched through the faq and haven't seen anything on deleting specific hh's from a database. i see how to delete an entire database and how to purge hands but i'm not interested in either of those options since i'm looking to keep some hands in the database and purging doesn't entirely delete the ones i do wish to not have, which is what i want to do.

i'm running windows vista and what i've tried so far is to go into the folder where i have all the hh's stored (i named it processed files) and manually extract certain hh's. it seems intuitive to me to do so... if the database can't access the specific hh, then it shouldn't be able to read it etc. so my problem should be solved. that's not the case though. i remove the hh, but the hem database still shows the specific session, or the one i was trying to take out.

hopefully that is more clear. basically i just want to delete a few sessions completely from the database. maybe i'm not getting at the folder that has an effect on the database? i'm not sure. thanks again

Hi,

Deleting hands in the Archive folder doesn't affect anything, that's just your HHs files and are not in connection with the DB. Your HHs are stored in postgreSQL, a database.

Don't touch your HHs archive files, that's useful for backups later.

If you want to remove some hands. Go to the "Hands" tab, select your hands with the date filter, choose "All" instead of "Last 100", now click hands you want to remove and right-click and choose "Delete Selected Hands", you can also delete every hands for the date range you have selected if you choose "Delete All Hands in List".