PDA

View Full Version : All mined Hands=import errors

FatKing85
01-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Recently HM started to do more and more import errors, and when i tried to import mined hands for party poker, no hands were imported(all errors). I made a new database 4 days ago and reinstalled HM, everything was working fine, till now!!! I can still import hands i played, but the mined hands are all shown as errors(the handhistorys work on my friends HM). One parallel is, that both times when i stoped working is, that when i open HM and it says optimizing players there comes an error notification as well. what can i do about this? i dont want to reinstall everything every few days...

edit: it shows me the stats for hands im playing in the HUD, but when i go on report nothing works

Al1
01-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file please, it's in the Config folder.

FatKing85
01-18-2009, 01:10 PM
done

Al1
01-18-2009, 01:17 PM
What's that?

C:\pokerhands\fulltilt

It seems you are auto-importing from here.

FatKing85
01-18-2009, 01:22 PM
no, thats just a test i did right now, i wanted to see if i can import stars hands, so i just took an empty folder. By the way, it showed 50% of the hands were imported correct, rest was errors. The problem was before

Al1
01-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Can you create a new DB and import your hands and tell me if it works: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

FatKing85
01-18-2009, 01:35 PM
works fine, both mined and played hands. When i open the original database, HM wants to optimize one player and the comes this :
the folowing error occurred:ERROR:XX001:could not read block 0 of relation 1663/16403/16456:read only 0 of 8192 bytes

Al1
01-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Ok, thus your old DB was corrupted. You will have to reimport all your hands in the new DB and play from here now.

FatKing85
01-18-2009, 02:00 PM
ok, wasnt that bad since its a few days old, but can you tell any reason why trhis happened? dont wanna do this over and over again, and do player notes stay or do i have to export/import

morny
01-18-2009, 02:47 PM
The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn’t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which can easily be rebuilt but in your case it happened to one or more of the tables.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport
2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns (when you flick the power switch on the pc)
3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago.