PDA

View Full Version : Unable to reinstall postgresql

joker169
03-27-2011, 10:47 PM
I had a problem with holdem manager so i decided to uninstall et reinstall it. The problem is that now i got this error message when i try to install HM and PGSQL : Sorry, could not install postgreSQL...

Thanks for your help

PS Her are the details :

postgresql error status: 1060
postgresql status: 0
starting pgsql-8.3
starting postgresql-8.4
postgres installdir: C:\Program Files\PSQLINSTALL
==================== running PsqlTestClient
try userid: postgres
try pass: postgrespass
Connection to database failed: -->could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
<--error
testclient return status: 1
testclient return from file: 1
==================== finished PsqlTestClient
no existing install dir
wrote testfile
Delete file: C:\Program Files\testfile
Extract: postgresql-8.4.7-1-windows.exe... 100%
Execute: "C:\Program Files\PSQLINSTALL\postgresql-8.4.7-1-windows.exe" --mode unattended --superpassword postgrespass
postgres installdir: C:\Program Files\PSQLINSTALL
==================== running PsqlTestClient
try userid: postgres
Connection to database failed: -->could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
<--error
testclient return status: 1
testclient return from file: 1
==================== finished PsqlTestClient

netsrak
03-28-2011, 03:38 AM
Our standard postgresql installer fails because of password / permission problems.

Do you remember your original password for the postgres user?
If yes please download and install postgresql 8.4 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

If not please open a command box as administrator and type:
net user postgres /delete
After successful completion you can assign a new password during the postgresql installation.

If you are using any 3rd party Firewalls please remove them before trying to install postgres.

joker169
03-28-2011, 09:41 AM
I deleted the user postgres but the problem is still there i can't install postgres

I tried to remove windows firewall but I can't do it:

"due to an unidentified problem windows can not display the parameters of the firewall"

Patvs
03-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

--

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Try the 8.4.7 installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)
Which error do you get when you use the advanced manual installer from that site?

joker169
03-29-2011, 08:23 PM
I have found a way to install postgreSQL but i have another problem now. When i open HM " The following error occured when trying to open the database: FATAL: 3D000: database "holdemmanager" does not exist"

"Holdemmanager" was the name i gave to my database last time i install holdem manager but i uninstall it twice sinds.

Thanks for your answers

Patvs
03-29-2011, 09:32 PM
open dbcontrolpanel.exe--> connect-->

First try to set the database as default--> start HoldemManager
If you get the same error, create a NEW database--> set it as default--> start HoldemManager.

gillemon
04-04-2011, 03:41 PM
I have found a way to install postgreSQL but i have another problem now. When i open HM " The following error occured when trying to open the database: FATAL: 3D000: database "holdemmanager" does not exist"

"Holdemmanager" was the name i gave to my database last time i install holdem manager but i uninstall it twice sinds.

Thanks for your answers
explain pls

Patvs
04-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Try PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.20/win32/postgresql-8.2.20-1.zip) (this version will always install)