PDA

View Full Version : Question re 1 Database / 2 Computers

Squashy
01-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi!
HM is working properly on my Desktop. When trying to install the external harddrive as per your tutorial, the following happened: HM will not connect to the database. After checking Start=>ControlPanel=>Administrative Tools =>Services it appears that the status is "to be started automatically", but this simply does not happen. Also, a manual start is not possible.

What can I do to make postgres run again?

BR

SQuashy

morny
01-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Please follow this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

Squashy
01-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Guess what? I did that before posting! As I said initially, it does not start and I'm not able to start it manually. Also. when I reset the system (with HM using the database on the desktops harddrive), it does start and works properly. This leads me to the conclusion that this is a not a firewall or antivirus issue, but something "different". Any idea what to do?

Squashy

morny
01-17-2009, 04:31 PM
when I reset the system (with HM using the database on the desktops harddrive), it does start and works properly

What do you mean reset it?

Can you go to Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer and look in this section for any postgreSQL errors and if there is any can you post it here please

Squashy
01-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Reset means I set back the desktop to the status of the day before. The error code reads:

"2009-01-17 12:12:29 PANIC: could not open control file "global/pg_control": Permission denied"

No clou what this means ............

BR

Squashy

morny
01-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Can you start over and repeat that FAQ following step by step, im not sure whats causing the error, i wrote that FAQ but unfortunately im not too sure what to do if it goes wrong, i know lots of other people got it working properly but if it gives the error after trying again try the postgreSQL forums as they should have a much better idea whats causing the error