PDA

View Full Version : Import from folder doesn't work

Clean
03-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Recieved some hands from a student and upon trying to import them from a folder, HEM first only imported 2k (of ~20k+). I downloaded the files again, putt them in a folder, and now when I try to 'Import From Folder', it almost instantly stops importing with '0 files to process'. The files are still in the folder.

Any help appreciated, thanks. Tried searching but couldn't find anything.

Patvs
03-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Move the hands to a different folder. (or rename the folder)
And run a import from folder on it again)

clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected)

--

If it will still only import 2k (out of 20k hands) try reimporting them into a new database. On which pokersite were these hands played? cashgame hands?

Clean
03-28-2011, 10:28 AM
It's actually 3k/20k, but I'm still having the same problem after updating and renaming the folder.

Filters are cleared, though I don't see the correlation between that and the import tab's results.

These are cash game hands at FTP.

Thanks

Patvs
03-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Import the hands into a new database (options---> database management).

Clean
03-29-2011, 12:32 AM
Sorry, missed that step. Just tried it; still a total of only 3120 hands imported.

Is it possible he made an error exporting, ie the files don't actually have 20k hands in them?

There are 3 files. The first is ~3mb, the second 1.x mb, the third <1mb. Not sure how file size correlates to # of hands.

Patvs
03-29-2011, 02:35 AM
When you import the three files into a new database... do 17.000 hands result in import errors? Or do 20k hands successfully import, but only 3k show up in HoldemManager?

Did he sent you "exported hands" (exported in HoldemManager) or the original handhistories (from his archive folder)??
Let him sent you the original handhistories of that month/week/session from his C:/HMArchive folder.

Clean
03-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Student re-sent the hands, zip file was ~5mb, extracted was 50mb+, all hands are there.

Thanks for the help sir.