PDA

View Full Version : Hud freezes.

ren99
01-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi there,

I have several questions:

1)

I have been using HM for a few months now without any problems. However 2 months ago i started importing data mined hands. and apporximately last week, HUD has suddenly slowed down signficantly. When i have only 1 or 2 tables open, it is fine. but when I have a lot of tables open and i try to open 1 more table, that 1 more table would freeze all the currently opened Stars tables for apporximately 5 seconds. Also whenever i click fold, raise, check, these are also slowed. As soon as I close HM, problem is gone. When I launch HM the problem is back.

I purged all data mined hands except for this 1 months.
I vacummed.
I have 20gb of space left on my HD.
I have decent Quad core computer.
I am using HM 1.07.01

2) When will the fish stat in table manager be implemented?

3) After HM imports the hand history files, where does it move to ?

4) Where can I find the database file? Is the data base a single file? I am curious to how big it is!

morny
01-16-2009, 09:47 PM
1) Please try these steps http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=162 also try unistalling your Antivirus to rule that out as it may be scanning each HH which will slow things down

2) This wont but well be introducing a table selection tool soon, its currently in Private Beta, probably a couple more weeks before it goes public

3) By default C:\HMarchive otherwise a folder you specified

4) Its in the Data folder in the PostgreSQL folder in Program Files, its lots of files

ren99
01-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Hi Morny,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried this, and it did not help. So I created a new database and only imported about 1 million hands. It is running smoothly now.

However the stats on the hud would disappear on some random tables when they become the active window. When i resize or move these tables the hud stats would redraw and apear on the tables again.The stats would also reappear when the next hand is dealt.

It appears that the stats are behind the tables when the table become the active window.

I have tried to use the "force on top" option in "table preferences" menu, but it did not help.

Can you help me with this new problem?

morny
01-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Can you try updating your graphics card driver and see if that makes a difference. If not does this happen often, every 5 mins, 10mins, 30 mins etc?

ren99
01-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Hi there,

I updated my graphics card driver. However the problem is still there.

If i have "force on top" off, then out of 24 tables there will be at least a few tables not having stats.

if I have "force on top" on, then once in a while the stats will not be there.

morny
01-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Can you reboot your PC and close down all completely non essential programs like firewalls, antiviruses, AHK scripts, MSN etc until only HM and the poker site and windows is running and see if it still persists. if it does ill escalate to Mike to see if hes any suggestions

ren99
01-21-2009, 07:19 PM
I tired this, i made sure that the only 2 programs running were HM and PStar. I turned off all firewall. I never had no virus programs.

Still same problem.

I should add that after about 20 minutes of playing. this problem's occurence significantly decreases.

morny
01-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Escalated to Mike, hell respond asap

Mike chops
01-22-2009, 02:08 PM
You have the beta, right? Can you try switching the Stars pre-fetching off. Go to the Hud Options->Site Options dialog and go to the poker stars tab.

It is a very cpu intensive process and 24 tables might be pushing it a bit.

ren99
01-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi Mike

I do not have the beta version.

I tried to turn off prefetching. it does not make any difference.

ren99
01-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Hello Mike, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike chops
01-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Sorry I don't have any ideas. Can you post your pc specs? cpu, os, graphics card

ren99
02-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Sorry I don't have any ideas. Can you post your pc specs? cpu, os, graphics card

I have quad core computer, XP, 4GB RAM, 9600GT video card w/ latest driver.

And this problem is still here no matter what I try.

I get this error all the time too:

Exception thrown in destructor (f:\sp\vctools\vc7libs\ship\atmfc\src\mfc\filecore .cpp:111)
an unnamed file was not found

Mike chops
02-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Have you downloaded the latest beta yet? If so please send me the log.txt file from the configs folder.

mike@holdemmanger.net

ren99
03-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi there,

I have tried the new beta, but it is the same problem.

Can you tell me where the log file is? I went to Config folder, but there is no log.txt

under logs directory, there is a log.txt file. However it just has the following lines in it.

1.08 beta 17 6/3/09
loading prefs
loading prefs 2

morny
03-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Its in C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Logs but you need to send the log immediately after the crash AND BEFORE you reopen HM otherwise it will just clear the log

ren99
04-04-2009, 08:05 AM
HI there,

Whenever HM is running, I can not open this log.txt file as it says it is being used by another program.

If I close HM, the log.txt just has 2 lines in it as I pasted before.

MY HM never crashes and closes.

So I am not sure how to give you the log.txt file.

ren99
04-06-2009, 05:47 AM
Hi Morny,

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks !

morny
04-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Escalated to Mike, hell respond asap