PDA

View Full Version : Backup & Restore

NijntjeNL
03-26-2011, 02:53 PM
I've read in the FAQ that the error message "Could not find PostgreSQL installation directory" occurs when your Windows is installed in a different language.

Is there any way (like editing language settings) I can change my windows language for now?

And most importantly, why don't you provide a screen so I can select the installation directory manually?

Also, I'm a former PT3 user and just switched. PT3's backup function had no problem finding the PostgreSQL directory and just make back-ups. Why won't it work on HEM?

Extra info:
I'm running a 64-bits version of PostgreSQL, does that make a difference? (On Windows 7 64-bit of course)

Patvs
03-26-2011, 09:27 PM
A Dutch Windows shouldn't cause problems.
But the Backup & Restore requires:
-1 PostgreSQL installed to the default installation folder (that's why you don't have the option to select the installation directory manually)
-2 You have to have PostgreSQL 8.4

If you do want to choose a folder, use the manual installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

A PT3 database is not compatible with a HEM database, so we made sure PT3 databases are NOT showing up in Database Management. otherwise you'd get an error trying to connect to it.

(64 bit doesn't make a difference)

If you want to backup your database use pgadminIII instead: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase

NijntjeNL
03-27-2011, 04:22 AM
That might be the problem. When will PostgreSQL 9 be supported?

netsrak
03-27-2011, 06:16 AM
We can't give you any ETA for this.

NijntjeNL
03-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Alright. I'm running a backup through pgAdmin right now. Just one final question:

Will this backup my HEM settings, HUD, HUD Popups, table scanner scoring profiles, rakeback & bonusses and all those other settings as well? Or would I have to write them down on a paper and/or use export-import functions where possible?

Patvs
03-27-2011, 06:24 PM
It will backup notes, bonus/rakeback info
It won't backup: TableScanner scoring, custom popups, etc.

If you want to be able to backup everything, it may be best to install SQL 8.4, allowing you to use the build-in Back & Restore utility in HoldemManager.