PDA

View Full Version : Help with full ring rush poker setup?

RootZ
03-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi guys,

My first post here and i hope you can help me out. I want to set up a hud layout for full ring rush poker. I usually play 100nl - 400nl over there, but i havent really used the hud that much. I dont want to have too many stats so im thinking about something like this.

Name, hands
vpip, pfr, 3bet, fold 3bet
flop cb, fold flop cb, raise flop cb

What do you think about this?

I am open for any kind of layout. Can you guys give me some kind of color ranges for my setup?

Thanks

Patvs
03-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Default HUD would be:

Name, hands
VPIP, PFR, AGG, 3bet/fold to 3bet (preflop stats)
Fold BB to steal, flop cb/fold to flop cbet (postflop stats)

Also read: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/share-your-hud-configurations/47361-hud-colour-value-full-ring-games.html

RootZ
03-26-2011, 07:05 AM
Thanks Patvs

Personally i dont think fold bb to steal is useful in rush poker, but that is my opinion. Now i know that the color ranges are for 6 max, but how would you modify the ranges for a full ring rush poker game? Ppl tend to play much tighter on rush poker than regular poker. Also what kind of ranges would you use for raise flop cb? I am quite used to my stats but i think my ranges are a bit off. Can you please help me out with that.

Thanks

Patvs
03-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Multiply all values that need adjusting by 6/9 (=0.667)

So the current:
0-12--->0-8 = supertight
12-25--->8-17 = pretty tight
25-33--->17-22 = optimal
33-100---> 22+ = too loose

--

But it depends on what you like.
If you like loose opponents, because you're tight yourself adjust the stats (and color ranges accordingly)

Raise Flop CB: start with very basic ranges: 50%+ is too high and should not be respected. Than after a couple of sessions tweak it a bit.
For example split it up into two ranges (with two separate colors):
40-55% and 55+% (or 30-45% and 45+%)

RootZ
03-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Great! One more thing. What is your personal opinion on rush poker vs regular poker when it comes to full ring? Can you really play the same game with same ranges on rush poker? And also, what stats would you tweak with 6/9 on my layout other than vpip and pfr?

Patvs
03-26-2011, 11:39 AM
I only played 15.000 RUSH hands when RUSH was first released. (early 2010)
So I'm unsure how RUSH has evolved in the past 16 months.

Certain stats are definitely more important in full ring RUSH: like Raise Flop CB, 3bet, fold to 3bet and fold vs resteal. You could even consider to add stats like fold to donkbet, or Fold to Turn CB.

I'd create a custom popup using ALL positional stats for VPIP and PFR.
The overall VPIP/PFR loses part of its functionality, since people steal with for a lot more hands in late position. (and people resteal a lot more)

So a custom popup could include:
EP VPIP, MP VPIP, CO VPIP, BTN VPIP
EP PFR, MP PFR, CO PFR, BTN PFR
+Fold to Resteal and 3bet vs steal

RootZ
03-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Hey Patvs, i actually decided to remove raise fold cb and add turn cb and fold turn cb instead since i want to know how my opponents follow up their cb. How would you color range turn cb and fold turn cb compared to flop cb and fold flop cb? I dont think i can use the same range for the flop and the turn. Whats your advice on this one?

Patvs
03-27-2011, 06:47 PM
What are your current ranges for:
Flop CB
Fold to Flop CB

You could have a super high range, and only use 75%.
Or use a dual-color code range also assigning a color for 55-75%

-->
Turn CB
Fold to Turn CB

I'd use the same ranges for the turn.

RootZ
03-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Right now i use the same range for the flop as the example you skown to me, 4 color range that is. When it comes to the turn i lowered the range just a bit. So you think i should go for the same range as the turn?