PDA

View Full Version : Poker Stars & FTP imports missing hands on restored DB

dangergirl
01-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi there,
I have purchased several copies of HEM and use it on several PC's and just recently I purchased a new PC and had to backup and restore 2 of those databases. They each run independent versions of HEM and do not share databases.

I followed the directions for backing up and restoring a database and this worked fine. I used the PGadmin III tool to backup and restore each database. I pretty much followed the instructions from a HEM thread.

A large portion of my data transferred successfully, but now FTP and Stars imports are missing hands. This is happening on both PC's.

I did create a new database and imported all of the archived hands and it seems to work just fine. The problem is that I don't think my player notes and hud stats carry over, or do they??

I went through the search and tried to find a solution but didn't have too much luck. I am running version 1.07 of HEM on both PC's one w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS, and the other w/ Windows Vista Professional.

Interestingly enough my HUD stats are correct. I have been tracking them all day and they seem to show the exact amounts won and lost, hands etc. 1st pc missed approx 100 hands out of 304. 2nd one missed 850 hands out of 1050.

My main concerns are:
1. Is this fixable? and if so any other suggestions on what I can do?
2. By creating a new DB do I still have access to my player notes and player stats for the HUD?

I also tried exporting hands and than importing them from a file but all I got was a ton of errors and not even 1/10th of my hands played.

Thanks for your help :)

morny
01-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Yeah looks like the databases may be corrupt, so export the HH and reimport them into the new database.

How to backup notes: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=119 hud stats will carry over. If your getting alot of errors importing into a new database email the HH to me and a summary of the problem

dangergirl
01-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Thank you Morny!

The databases must have been corrupted. Your suggestion fixed both db's.

You are wonderful! :)