PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong??

MackenTosH
01-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Hey! i have a question and i really hope someone can help me with this... HM worked out great last night, but now when i sat down and tried to start hm it said: The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1...... whats wrong?? then the database control panel shows up.. Server name port number
loging name password.... and everything is filled in right i think...i press connect and then: A connection to postgreSQL could not be made????? :mad::mad::mad::mad: plz help me someone?? what should i do??

morny
01-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Please follow this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=34

MackenTosH
01-14-2009, 12:20 PM
ok that doesnt work... i dont find posterg.. in services.... but the thing is that i tried to delete postgresq.. i wanted to re-install in and start from the beginning.... but now i cant install it...i have followed what it said about it on the faq. but it still doesnt work.... when i come to: Service configuration i think the old names are there.. i tried to just write the pass and press next::
Invalid username specifed: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password..( have tried different passwords)

then i tried to just write: 2 behind all names.. account name: postgres2
Account domain: Mackan2 and so on... then it sais: User Mackan2/postgres2 was not found. would you like the account to be created for you?.. i press yes and, and no on the password-question..

initialize database cluser: i write exactly as it says in your faq

Enable procedural languages. PL/pgsql.... next

Enable contrib modules.... Adminpack... next

then it starts installing.. but after some seconds..
ERROR
Internal account lookup failure: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.?????? and then roll-back action... how can it be so hard to re-install a program???? i maybe have not deleted the old file right or something?? but i cant find it anyware..

morny
01-14-2009, 03:25 PM
I havent seen a solution for this but anyone that did solve it simply tried a different version of postgreSQL so try this version http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3.4/win32/ and if that dosent work try version 8.2