PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL Error

KFX_Felix
01-13-2009, 05:13 PM
I have gotten to the part in the PostgrSQL install process that contains the title "initialize database cluster". When I enter the data shown in the FAQ, I am given the error that reads:

"The specified data directory is not empty.

If you have an existing database with the same major version number, you do not need to initialize a database cluster.
If you have an existing database with a different major version you need to back up your old database and create a new one."

While there is the option to uncheck that small box that says "Initialize database cluster", I figured since it wasn't in the FAQ (at least that I saw, sorry for any oversight on my part) I'd post the question here.

What do I need to do to move beyond this point?

Al1
01-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Did you have installed postgreSQL in the past on your PC?
What happens if you untick the box and continue the installation?

KFX_Felix
01-14-2009, 02:06 AM
I used to run PT2 and PT3 and may have deleted it after a hiatus at one point.

After I unchecked the box it let me install the rest (as well as HoldemManager) thought I got some strange errors in the process telling me that it couldn't connect to the database, or giving me several error messages with long scripts in them.

It's up and running now, I hadn't unchecked the box because I was worried what would happen if I tried to set it up and had problems down the road without checking that box.

Thank you.