PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: Out of disk space while upgrading to HEM 1.06 - database damanged!

VarianceLab
07-10-2008, 04:26 AM
When I upgraded to Holdem Manager 1.06 I started the database conversion thingy and went to bed. When I got up next morning, the cache was 100% done but I had got a "out of disk space" error. I closed Holdem Manager and started it again, but the script wouldn't run again. :S Now, when I play, I can see odd values such as 17000 WTS (if only that was true! :P). I don't know how you did not check that the action was actually performed, but I you need to help me repair my database now so I can continue playing... there's a rent to be paid!

Thank you.

Rvg72
07-10-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi, sorry about the issue. Please follow these steps

First close down HM if it is running. You may actually want to reboot.

1) Open pgadmin from your start menu in windows under postgresql
2) Double click on the server name and enter your postgresql password (default is postgrespass)
3) Click on Databases and select the current database
4) Click on the SQL Icon near the top with a pencil in it and copy this text into the window

truncate table compiledresults_month;
truncate table compiledplayerresults_month;
truncate table compiledplayerresultspositionaction_month;
truncate table postflopactions_month;
drop table compiledresults_month;
drop table compiledplayerresults_month;
drop table compiledplayerresultspositionaction_month;
drop table postflopactions_month;

Then press F5 to run it

Now you can right click on the database again and go to Maintenance and do a Vacuum with the Full option checked. This will clear up some more space.

After this close down pgadmin and look in your C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data\pg_log folder and delete anything in there. These are unimportant log files that could be taking up a lot of space.

Then look in C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\Logs and delete any files in there.

After doing this clear out your recycling bin and relaunch HM. It will redo the cache and this time should have enough space to continue.

Roy

VarianceLab
07-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Thank you for a quick and good reply. :-)

VarianceLab
07-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi, sorry about the issue. Please follow these steps

<snip>

I followed those instructions with the latest version (on the web site) and it worked, after that I got a question about removing a cache of some sort and I wanted to save disk space, and besides, the only drawback would be that HEM wouldn't be able to display certain details in a certain tab. However, now the HUD doesn't display any hands and SpadeEye wont find any stats. What has happened to my database, and what can I do in order to recover it?

Note that I can bring up my own details in HEM and that it says that I have 170k players in my database.

This is a urgent problem since I can't table select right now.Thank you.

morny
07-30-2008, 05:01 PM
I dont think this is anything to do with the last problem.

You can search your own stats but you cant see anything in the tabs for anyone elses stats is it. Have you verified all the filters are cleared, maybe you can post a few screenshots of the the different TABs that arent showing to see if i can spot anything wrong.

Also attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder and ill see if theres anything in there.

Is your drive nearly full btw and do you have an alternative drive to move it to?

VarianceLab
07-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks for your reply!

You can search your own stats but you cant see anything in the tabs for anyone elses stats is it. Have you verified all the filters are cleared, maybe you can post a few screenshots of the the different TABs that arent showing to see if i can spot anything wrong.

No, this is not what my problem is. I can see all the other player's stats in Holdem Manager but when I'm looking at the HUD it's just like my database is empty. Same thing with SpadeEye.

Also attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder and ill see if theres anything in there.

Here it is:

&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;utf-8&quot; ?&gt;
&lt;configuration&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;ConnectionString&quot;&gt;SERVER=127.0.0.1;PORT=5432 ;UID=postgres;PWD=&lt;hidden&gt;&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;CurrentDatabase&quot;&gt;HoldemManager&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;CurrentReportFilter&quot;&gt;IsTourney,IsTourney,Equ alTo,false,False
PokerGameType,PokerGameType,In,0~1~2,False
&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;CurrentSessionFilter&quot;&gt;IsTourney,IsTourney,Eq ualTo,false,True
PokerGameType,PokerGameType,In,0~1~2,True
&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;CurrentHandsFilter&quot;&gt;IsTourney,IsTourney,Equa lTo,false,True
&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;CurrentGraphsFilter&quot;&gt;IsTourney,IsTourney,Equ alTo,false,True
&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;CurrentVsPlayerFilter&quot;&gt;IsTourney,IsTourney,E qualTo,false,True
&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;CurrentPreflopFilter&quot;&gt;IsTourney,IsTourney,Eq ualTo,false,True
&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;CurrentPlayerID&quot;&gt;12161&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;DateRangeReport&quot;&gt;AllHands&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;DateRangeHands&quot;&gt;Today&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;DateRangeGraphs&quot;&gt;Today&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;DateRangePreflop&quot;&gt;Between,Jun 21, 2008 13:23:32,Jun 21, 2008 14:14:12&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;DateRangeSession&quot;&gt;Today&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;DateRangevsPlayer&quot;&gt;Between,Jun 21, 2008 13:23:32,Jun 21, 2008 14:14:12&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;LastReport&quot;&gt;Winnings Breakdown&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;AutoImportFolderList&quot;&gt;C:\Poker\Expekt Poker\History\jonkri\Table,True,True,J:\Processed Hands
C:\Programs\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\HandHistory,Tru e,False,J:\Processed Hands
&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;LastArchiveFolder&quot;&gt;J:\Processed Hands&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;LastImportFolder&quot;&gt;C:\hhSmithey ALL\&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;LastImportFileFolder&quot;&gt;D:\ajde&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;MinimizeToSystemTray&quot;&gt;False&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;PlayerNumberFilter&quot;&gt;2:2,3
3:3,6
4:3,6
5:3,6
6:3,6
7:7,10
8:7,10
9:7,10
10:7,10&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;InsertStandardizedHandHistory&quot;&gt;False&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;ObservedHandHistorySettings&quot;&gt;ALL,3,False,Tru e,6,False,True,3,600,False,True,6,600,False,True&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;AutoApplyFilterChangesToAllTabs&quot;&gt;False&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;AutoImportHelpShown&quot;&gt;True&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;AutoImportTimerDuration&quot;&gt;5&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;HUDDateFilter&quot;&gt;365&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;SessionTimeoutDuration&quot;&gt;30&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;HUDIncludeOtherLimits&quot;&gt;True&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;LaunchHUDWithAutoImport&quot;&gt;True&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;DisableHUDStatsWhenNoHero&quot;&gt;False&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;HeroPlayerIDs&quot;&gt;&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;GraphShowdownWinnings&quot;&gt;False,Blue,1,Solid&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;GraphWinnings&quot;&gt;True,DarkGreen,2,Solid&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;UseGraphicalCards&quot;&gt;True&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;GraphAllInEv&quot;&gt;True,DarkGreen,1,Dash&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;GraphNonShowdownWinnings&quot;&gt;False,Red,1,Solid&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;GraphRakeback&quot;&gt;False,DarkBlue,1,Solid&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;AutoRefreshCurrentTabDuration&quot;&gt;0&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;AutoCloseTableManager&quot;&gt;True&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;AutoRefreshReportsOnChange&quot;&gt;True&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;LogDatabaseCommands&quot;&gt;False&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;SolidGraph&quot;&gt;False&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;ShowWinningRowColors&quot;&gt;True&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;CheckForUpdates&quot;&gt;True&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;PlayerSummaryView&quot;&gt;Cash,NL|PL|LIM,ALL,2,10,0 1/01/2000,01/01/2020,1000,0,100,False,Default Stats&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;HoldemManagerPosition&quot;&gt;Normal,1702,366,1272, 669&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;HandsSectionFields&quot;&gt;HandTimeStamp,StakesBlin ds,HoleCards,PreflopPlayerAction,FlopCards,FlopPla yerAction,TurnCard,TurnPlayerAction,RiverCard,Rive rPlayerAction,NetAmountWon,NetBBsWon,EVDifference, PositionType,PreflopActionFaced,PreflopVPIPPFR,All InStreet,EVEquity&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;ReplayerSettings&quot;&gt;3,True,True,False,True&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;ReplayerSkinToUse&quot;&gt;Default Skin&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;MyDayStartsAt&quot;&gt;0:00:00&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;DailyCompiledStats&quot;&gt;False&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;setting name=&quot;PromptsShown&quot;&gt;DropDailyCache,&lt;/setting&gt;
&lt;/configuration&gt;

Is your drive nearly full btw and do you have an alternative drive to move it to?

I have many GB of free space at all involved partitions (C: and database partition).

VarianceLab
07-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Also, I should say that when new hands are imported, they are shown in the HUD.

morny
07-31-2008, 11:39 AM
ok what site is this for btw, cant see anything out of the way. Maybe it would be possible to arrange a time to remote access your pc to have a look via www.teamviewer.com's software?

If so contact me at morny@holdemmanager.net to arrange a suitable time. Im GMT btw

VarianceLab
08-01-2008, 10:16 AM
ok what site is this for btw, cant see anything out of the way. Maybe it would be possible to arrange a time to remote access your pc to have a look via www.teamviewer.com's software?

If so contact me at morny@holdemmanager.net to arrange a suitable time. Im GMT btw

I have sent you an e-mail with instructions (two, actually). I'm playing on PartyPoker.com.