PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager - 50% hands lost

Fidelloz
03-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Hi there,

I just updated my HM to the latest version a few days a go. I started playing on PokerStars on Monday. In 2 days I made $280 according to cashier balance, whereas when I looked at Holdem Manager chart it shows only $120.

WHat is more I played like 3k hands, whereas HM shows slightly under 1k.

The same bug happens at full tilt (i play there regularly so it might have been happening for some time, but I spotted the issue on my brand new pokerstars account)

In addition to that, PokerStars hands are assigned to wrong date. I played yesterday and 2 days ago, and HM actually says it was at the beginning of the month.

What do I do to get it fixed? Can I anyhow restore lost hands?

Patvs
03-23-2011, 07:42 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Check the time/date setting of:
-1 your computer
-2 in the PokerStars client.

Set the date formatting setting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (not to European standard d/M/yyyy) and reboot.

---

Create a new database and reimport your hands. (from your archive folder)
And clear filters (even though no filters are selected)

In the new database.... did it import all 3k hands? All without errors?

Fidelloz
03-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi,

Thank you for a prompt answer. I already did the clock part.

However, I do not quite understand the latter.

Create a new database and reimport your hands. (from your archive folder)
And clear filters (even though no filters are selected)

In the new database.... did it import all 3k hands? All without errors?

do you want me to DELETE my DB with 0,25 mln hands? and import them once more (it would take like 20 hours or even more).

Fidelloz
03-23-2011, 08:43 PM
I did what you told me to and I found missing hands. Surprisingly they were exactly in the place you told me.

Now, to start from there. Can I fix old DB? Or do I have to import all hands to a new one?

Thank you once more mate, missing hands really bothered me.

Patvs
03-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Don't delete the old database.

Just create a new one (options--> database management) and run a import from folder on your archive folder.

Importing 0,25 mln hands at 50 hands/s should only take <1.5 hour.
Do you have extremely slow import speeds? Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

And make sure logging is turned OFF. And reboot.

---

Update:

Import everything into the NEW database.
When you're finished... you actually CAN delete the old database. (make sure you export your custom HUD, notes, bonus/rakeback info, etc. before you delete it)

How to delete it: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database

Fidelloz
03-23-2011, 10:47 PM
I am almost there mate!

LOL, i can see now that I lost almost 5k hands. Now , once I restored them I am in such a good poker shape. Yeah!

One more question: I figured myself how I download rakeback. But how do I import my reads on villains (players notes) ??

netsrak
03-24-2011, 04:47 AM
From your Stars client?
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/195/Notes

Or from your old database?
In this case you need to export them from the old database / import them into the new one.

Fidelloz
03-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Hi Patvs,

I just wanted to let you know that with your help I managed to restore all the hands.
Surprisingly there were around 6k lost! I didn't notice that but it must have been happening for quite some time.

Is there anyway to prevent that from happening in the future?
Is fact that 2 weeks ago I updated my HM version connected with Lost Hands?

Once more , APpreciate your help. Thanks a lot!

Patvs
03-24-2011, 07:24 PM
After you play a session, always check if your session graph (or session $Won), matches the chance in your cashier in the pokerclient.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Fidelloz
03-24-2011, 07:59 PM
I am using Windows XP , SP 2

No antivirus, just XP firewall.

I scan my PC against viruses using online antivir.

I use only admin account, so this should be. Always have used the same PC, never had any trouble.

netsrak
03-25-2011, 04:48 AM
And please check your archive configuration in the auto-import settings.
All hands should be automatically moved to the archive by the auto-import process 15 minutes after the last access.

I recommend you do regular database backups (every month) and save the backups together with your archive folder on an external hdd or DVD.