PDA

View Full Version : Everest last version / HM 1.07 Bug ?

Fabplayer
01-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Hello.

When I open Everest site and start HM, no problem, it begins to display stats and HUD is OK. But sometimes (not everytime) , when I try to open another table, Everest says there is a runtime error, and I have to shut it down...

It doesn't arrive when HM is closed.

Am I the first one who have that problem ? (didn't see it anywhere)

Al1
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Hi,

Can you upgrade HM and tell me if it persists: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.07beta.exe

Have you a screenshot of the error?

chau1
01-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Hello.

When I open Everest site and start HM, no problem, it begins to display stats and HUD is OK. But sometimes (not everytime) , when I try to open another table, Everest says there is a runtime error, and I have to shut it down...

It doesn't arrive when HM is closed.

Am I the first one who have that problem ? (didn't see it anywhere)

This is my problem.I attached the error.

morny
01-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Can you ask the everst support guys to look into this, theyll need to test whats causing the problem, if they find it let us know and well see if we can fix it on our end.

mich
04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I have the same problem. It is really annoying. Here is all my info.

http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm373/MrMich82/evperror.jpg

I can open as much tables as I want when I just started EVP and keep playing them. But after a period in the extend of someting like 10-15 minutes, I cannot open a table without the crash. The problem first appeared when I started playing EVP again around January 20th.

I have had some emailcontact with Everest Support regarding the matter, and they requested my system info and logs. This is their answer:

Dear Mich,

Thank you for your patience. We received some feedback from our technicians. Here are a few points:

- We have identified the problem: two of the files the software needs each time a table is opened are being deleted. These two files are called 'cstart.txt' and 'startup_strings.txt'.

Unfortunately, we're not sure why they are being deleted or even how they are being deleted.

You mentionned that you are using 'McAfee 8.5i' security software.
Perhaps this application is falsely identifying these two files as a security threat and deleting or quarantining them.

Our advise is that you check the settings of your McAfee installation to make sure proper exceptions are being made for the Everest Poker software. Perhaps you could also check the McAfee logs on your computer to see if it is, in fact, what is causing these two files to be deleted.

We hope this will help resolve the issue.

Thank you for choosing Everest Poker!

Kind regards,
Customer Care Team

My system:
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+
2,00 Ghz, 1 gb of RAM (upgraded to 2,5Gb)
XP Pro SP 3
McAfee 8.5i, now Avast!

What I did already:
Re-install EVP
Reinstall .NET
Run all windows-updates
Upgrade ram from 1gb to 2,5
Put the EVP-folder in the safe list in Mcafee
Removed Mcafee, installed Avast! and put EVP-folder in safe list
Upgraded tot 1.08beta

It is still happening. I heard 1.06 had no problems like this. Is there a way to downgrade?

morny
04-08-2009, 06:46 PM
HM definetely without doubt would not delete these files, what folder are those files in, the only thing that HM might do is move those files if you had the auto import folder setup wrong

mich
04-09-2009, 05:25 AM
According to EVP support it should be in c:\Program Files\Everest Poker\data\startup\en\startup_strings.txt

Well that could do it. I did set the auto import folder to the c:\program files\Everestpoker + subfolders. So it could be scanning the other maps and accidently moving those files?

I will change it to c:\program files\Everestpoker\history and see it that would work.

EDIT: Its over! It works! Have been playing for an hour and opening tables, but no error anymore!

morny
04-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Yeah thats most likely the problem, you probably had alot of LAG aswell by scanning that whole folder, changing it to History should fix the issue