PDA

View Full Version : Will HEM support two users running the same DB at the same time???

Cruicksie
01-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Will HEM support two users running the same DB at the same time???

Eg if two players have postgres networked can they both access and auto import to the same db at the same time

more than one instance of HEM accessing the same DB at the same time???

morny
01-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Ill double check with Roy, hell respond asap

Cruicksie
01-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Any further word on this?

Spoke to a SQL guru and he said it may result in some catastrophic db crashes... sounds like fun!

Bloged
01-13-2009, 08:15 AM
If that is the case it would be a strange DB design... As some databases are used almost simultaneously by hundreds of users. It only could become a problem when you do the same action on the exact same millisecond - and then I'm confident PostGres has a mechanism to support this.

Grtz, Bloged

Rvg72
01-14-2009, 03:31 AM
This should work although I have heard of some issues recently due to a couple of design changes I made to improve performance for "single DB users". I will be revisiting this though to see what the issue is and it is intermittent so for the most part it should work fine.

Roy

Cruicksie
01-14-2009, 06:43 AM
Managed to network postgres and ran two instances of HEM off the same DB... No problems so far :)
Gonna add another instance of HEM to the same db and see what happens...

Cruicksie
01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
managed to get 7 pcs all running same db off one server...

only issue is that the HUD only works on 3/4 of the 7 pcs... Any reason for this? Is there a restriction on the DB?

edit: and i notice now that the auto import isnt working 100% where hud not working... recording some or none of the hands