PDA

View Full Version : Restore Problems

LockeD19
03-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Hy.

I backed up my Database at File -> Backup & Restore

Now tried to Restore at the same way, but when i change the Backup data it takes time and HM put two big (ca. 30 gb) folders in the temp folder. i think i cant delete the temp folder bevore i "start restore". But so i dont have enogh space (threre was 10 gb left, but postgres need it, i think hm put into this folder) and after 3,5 hours there is an error.

Can i change the temp folder for HM for Restoring? what can i do if the restoring takes so lot gb`s? My extern Harddisc cant help me, cause HM needs the temp order!!!

i didn backed up bgAdmin III. i backed up at HM: File -> Backup & Restore.

thanks

Patvs
03-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Both pgadminIII/Backup & Restore create and need a temp. file about the size of the database.

What's the size of your database?
You have a 3 GB backup file with a 30 GB database? Or is your database much larger?

Delete the 2x 30 GB temp folders that were created.
Delete other stuff at the harddisk so you have at least 2x the size of the database in free disk space. And restore the backup again.

It's not possible to direct the location of the temp. file to a different drive.

LockeD19
03-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks!

I dont really know how big my database is, know i only have the backup-file which is 2.18 GB.

the file he puts on the temp. is about 17 gb big.

i just have a notebook and the problem is that you need doble space if you do a backup and a restore. when i did the backup i had the space cuase i did have split the notebook disk, but now i have only 50 gb on c:

i think i try to play the next limit, to dont miss the information about the other players. :) i hope i do it the next time better.

whats the different, between doing the backup and restore at HM: file -> Backup & Restore and

doing it as it is discribed here: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database

whats the better way?

thanks.

Patvs
03-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Backup & Restore basically uses the pgadminIII engine to create the backup.

Though Backup & Restore can also backup some other settings: filters/TableScanner settings, etc.