PDA

View Full Version : Bitdefender Virus alert related to HM

Kettcar
01-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Hello,

Bitdefender Antivirus just told me that a Virus has ben detected. The name of the virus is "Gen:Trojan.Heur.22" and its located in

C:\......\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\DeplayLX.Licensing.v3.dll

can you tell be whats this dll file about?

morny
01-11-2009, 08:12 PM
There is certainly no visruses in HM however some antiviruses interpret the actions HM does as a possible virus as it needs to contact the internet to verify your license.

However it is possible that some viruses can delete the file and replace it with a new file with the same name to disguise it, the virus can then activate when you try to run the program but ive only ever seen this with exe files.

To be sure you can do the following:
1) Make a backup of "Config" in a safe location
2) Export your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
3) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
4) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
5) Reboot your computer
6) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Upload HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.07beta.exe
8) Overwrite the backuped "holdemmanager.config" file in the new Config directory to recover your settings
9) Import your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"

Then run the virus checker on that folder and if it comes up again then its likely a false positive

Kettcar
01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
it came up again so its a false positive as i already assumed
most likely i will kick bitdefender finally and change to another antivirus software, only problems with this one

however thanks to you

Al1
01-11-2009, 09:15 PM
it came up again so its a false positive as i already assumed
most likely i will kick bitdefender finally and change to another antivirus software, only problems with this one

however thanks to you

I use this anti-virus without any issues and it's free btw: www.avast.com