PDA

View Full Version : 127.0.0.1 connection error

Antidote
03-21-2011, 06:11 PM
I am getting the following error when starting Holdem Manager:

------------------------------

The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'.
[OK]

I have followed all of the steps in the FAQ, including "Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL" (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+#still), and addressed "Windows Firewall/Defender. (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/275/Windows+Firewall+%7B47%7D+Defender+Problems)" Please do not redirect me to these FAQs as I have already followed their instructions and HEM won't start. Here are some other additional info to note:

-HEM stopped working after updating to 1.11.06b. I had no previous problems.
-I am running Windows 7 SP 1.
-Windows Firewall is turned off and I have no other firewall on. I had Windows Firewall turned on before with all the correct permissions set. I have since turned it off.
-Win7 UAC is turned off.
-Windows Defender is off.
-I have gone into administrative tools and changed the Postgres logon to a local system account and restarted my computer. This did not help. I have since changed it back
-While in Admin Tools > Services > PostgresSQL Server 8.4 > > General; the service status shows up as stopped. Clicking Start reveals the following error message:

---------------------------
Services
Windows could not start the postgresql-8.4 - PostgreSQL Server 8.4 service on Local Computer.

Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified.

OK

Please help me fix this!

Patvs
03-21-2011, 11:33 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely (use the installer from www.postgresql.org)

Antidote
03-22-2011, 12:58 AM
I tried stopping and starting the service, which didn't help.

There is no postmaster.pid file. There is a postmaster.opts file. Should I delete it?

Can you please give me directions on how to go about uninstalling and reinstalling postgresSQL? Will my database and HEM settings be lost in the process?

Also, can I use PostgresSQL version 9.0.3 when reinstalling?

netsrak
03-22-2011, 04:59 AM
Don't delete postmaster.opts.

postmaster.pid is a hidden system file so you need to enable the folder options to see this file.

Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"

Check our FAQ:
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+

Before reinstalling anything please contact us again if the previous hints don't work.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/71/Reinstall+PostgreSQL+Preserving+Old+Database

A.Kmicic
03-22-2011, 10:19 AM
asd

Antidote
03-22-2011, 11:47 AM
I have show hidden files already enabled and postmaster.pid doesn't show up.

I changed postgres login to a local system account which didn't fix anything.

I am now planning on uninstalling and reinstalling postgres. I really need to be able to maintain my current database. Please tell me how to proceed.

kinheim
03-22-2011, 12:31 PM
hey,

I have read all the faq and tried all your tips. Reinstalled postgres, but reinstalled failed.

dont know how to proceed.

Have been able to install the old version op postgresql but still wasnt able to connect to server.

I am willing to pay for a sollution or some remote assistance.

regards

Patvs
03-22-2011, 01:04 PM
-1. Try installing PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.20/win32/postgresql-8.2.20-1.zip) SQL 8.2.20 (which will always run) to port 5433. Connect to it in Database Management (=dbcontrolpanel.exe)

-2 Connecting to your old database.
Ideally, you reinstall SQL 8.4 to the same folder, it detects the old database, finishes the installation without errors--> and you can connect to the old database.

If you get an error during installation:
-do you get it when you select the location of the data folder--> is a sign of a corrupt database. It will be practically impossible to connect to the old database. Consider to create a new database and reimport your hands.
-do you get it at the very end of the installation? If you get it at the end: PostgreSQL is just being stubborn mostly caused by either Windows / Firewall / Anti-virus program monitoring all your system files.

When this happens:
-Turn off Windows User Account and reboot
-Manually run a Windows Update and install ALL updates and all .net framework updates
-Add pg_ctl.exe and postgres.exe (and port: 5432) to the exceptions list of Windows Firewall even if the firewall is turned off
-Completely uninstall secondary firewalls (especially Comodo, Norton, Kaspersky)
-Add the entire PostgreSQL folder to the exceptions list of Windows Defendor and your anti-virus program.
-Reboot your computer. And try to reinstall it again.

If that fails.
-1 BACKUP your old PostgreSQL folder.
-2 Move it to a different folder that is NOT located in C:/Program Files, for example to C:/PostgreSQL
-3 Delete the old PostgreSQL folder (located at C:/Program Files)
-4 Install PostgreSQL to the new folder (C:/PostgreSQL) you created.

A.Kmicic
03-23-2011, 09:02 AM
link you gave:
PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror

doesnt work :/

Patvs
03-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Link works for me.

Try: http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/redir/10/f/binary/v8.2.20/win32/postgresql-8.2.20-1.zip

gillemon
04-04-2011, 04:11 PM
-1. Try installing PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.20/win32/postgresql-8.2.20-1.zip) SQL 8.2.20 (which will always run) to port 5433. Connect to it in Database Management (=dbcontrolpanel.exe)

-2 Connecting to your old database.
Ideally, you reinstall SQL 8.4 to the same folder, it detects the old database, finishes the installation without errors--> and you can connect to the old database.

If you get an error during installation:
-do you get it when you select the location of the data folder--> is a sign of a corrupt database. It will be practically impossible to connect to the old database. Consider to create a new database and reimport your hands.
-do you get it at the very end of the installation? If you get it at the end: PostgreSQL is just being stubborn mostly caused by either Windows / Firewall / Anti-virus program monitoring all your system files.

When this happens:
-Turn off Windows User Account and reboot
-Manually run a Windows Update and install ALL updates and all .net framework updates
-Add pg_ctl.exe and postgres.exe (and port: 5432) to the exceptions list of Windows Firewall even if the firewall is turned off
-Completely uninstall secondary firewalls (especially Comodo, Norton, Kaspersky)
-Add the entire PostgreSQL folder to the exceptions list of Windows Defendor and your anti-virus program.
-Reboot your computer. And try to reinstall it again.

If that fails.
-1 BACKUP your old PostgreSQL folder.
-2 Move it to a different folder that is NOT located in C:/Program Files, for example to C:/PostgreSQL
-3 Delete the old PostgreSQL folder (located at C:/Program Files)
-4 Install PostgreSQL to the new folder (C:/PostgreSQL) you created.

why dont you copy/paste this in every thread instead of that other bullshit :s. wasted like 10 hours to find out this versions is always working!!!