PDA

View Full Version : user account controll with vista

sisnarf
01-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Hello

Holdemmanger runs great as long as I don't run as administrator. Lately I cannot open windows exporer. It says there is some malware problem. This is somehow linked to the 'run as administrator option'. If I run as administrator explorer works but holdemmanger does not. Have you guys figured out a way to run HM yet without compromising your security options?

morny
01-11-2009, 07:44 PM
You can right click exporer and choose to run as administrator, i know lots of people that run explorer with UAC disabled without any problems so its likely some other issue

sisnarf
01-12-2009, 08:05 AM
I am using version 1.06.03h. I play 16 tables on Pokerstars. I have not had a problem for 100k hands until now.

I cannot use HM and explorer at the same time because of the user account controll. When its off HM works but explorer doesn't and vice versa.

When I turn on explorer the pop up states,'internet explorer stopped working'
It then says there is a Malware alert problem caused by Adware:win32/seekmosearchassistant possibly.

I have ran a up todate antivirus scan. Deleted old programs and cleaned up my computer the best I know how.

Any ideas what is happening and how to fix it?

Thank You

morny
01-12-2009, 04:46 PM
I dont know but its defintely a specific issue with your PC as theres tons of people running HM with UAC of and id say the vastity use explorer or at least mixture ofer and firefox.

Im not sure why explorer wont work with UAC off, you could try doing a windows update or else maybe try firefox, its an excellent alternative to Windows.