PDA

View Full Version : How to manage mined hands?

majick
07-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Since the HUD does not support multiple databases at the moment, I'd like to know how you guys handle mined hands? Do you have them in your main database? I for one regularly delete those hands after like three months, as I don't like to use villains stats older than three months. That's why I don't want to import them into my personal database. But what do you guys do about this problem? Is there a feature in HEM that lets me purge hands that I didn't play myself myself, or delete hands that I imported at a certain date?

morny
07-27-2008, 04:37 PM
In the next day or 2 there will be an option to completely delete hands by stakes/date and you can set it not to delete hero stats etc so you will be able to do it then but currently you can only delete the hand history details but the stats remain by purging and this frees up space in the database but dosent delete them completely.

HM however is capable of running database in excess of 15 million hands without noticeable performance decreases so if your mining and want a large database to run reports and get statistics over a big sample you should have any problems. Also multiple databases will be introduced in future aswell.

spiff21
10-23-2008, 07:44 PM
HM however is capable of running database in excess of 15 million hands without noticeable performance decreases..

Is that confirmed somewhere? I have a dedicated server with two raid1 raptor disks but still it takes minutes to retrieve all hands I have played for a month. I have purged all datamined hands before 2 months ago. Sometimes HoldemManager just shows me an unhandled exception window.

morny
10-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Roy is running around this amount without problem and ive read on several posts people running in these regions, alot of them said they do regular maintenance however like Vacuums and Defrags. Also make sure your using the latest version too http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

spiff21
10-23-2008, 08:37 PM
ok, defragging I have not done. I'll look into that. Are there logs generated somehwere which I can send to you - if the problem doesn't go away.

edit: wow, windows disk defragmenter shows up to 5280 framgents in some database files. Now I feel optimistic for a moment :-)

olavfo
10-25-2008, 10:55 AM
In the next day or 2 there will be an option to completely delete hands by stakes/date and you can set it not to delete hero stats etc so you will be able to do it then but currently you can only delete the hand history details but the stats remain by purging and this frees up space in the database but dosent delete them completely.
How does the purge function work now? Are the hands + stats completely removed from the database?

morny
10-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Theres 2 options:

1 Completely Delete Hands http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=152

2 Delete the HH information but keep the stats to save space http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=107

olavfo
10-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Theres 2 options:

1 Completely Delete Hands http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=152
Follow-up question:

On the "Options" --> "Purge Hands" tab it says:

"The hands will no longer be included in the report results however will still appear in HUD stats for the time being until the Cache Rebuilder is completed."

Is this still true? The statement in bold was what puzzled me, since what I want to do is to get rid of all data from old hands, HUD stats included.

morny
10-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Escalated To Roy, he will respond asap

olavfo
11-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Follow-up question:

"The hands will no longer be included in the report results however will still appear in HUD stats for the time being until the Cache Rebuilder is completed."

Is this still true? The statement in bold was what puzzled me, since what I want to do is to get rid of all data from old hands, HUD stats included.
Bump.

Still curious about this. Does "Options" --> "Purge Hands" remove all data/stats, or will the HUD keep using the stats from the purged hands?

Rvg72
11-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Follow-up question:

The HUD stats are not removed when you purge hands. This will be changed but right now the way you would do this instead is go into HUD Options - HUD Filters and set the # months to 3 to only use stats from the last 3 months for example

Roy