PDA

View Full Version : Graph Error

trevv
01-10-2009, 07:43 PM
When I go to the graph tab, I get the following error:

An error occured while formatting the chart: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I'm guessing this may have something to do with the fact that I just reinstalled HEM after reformatting, and I copied my old config across (it's possible it was a config from an older version). I tried the "repair" option and it didn't work.

Is this likely to be the problem, and if so is there a way of getting it solved without having to redo all of my HUD settings that I've just reconfigured for the new install?

Thanks.

morny
01-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Did you select an alias, can you press the change button and choose your standard name and not an alias and tell me if the problem persists.

trevv
01-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi,

Yes I did use an alias, but I still get the problem if I use the normal username.

Al1
01-12-2009, 09:46 AM
And if you delete your Alias?

Test

And then recreate it?

Test

trevv
01-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Still the same issue, both when there is no alias at all (trying to use just my username), and also when using the newly created alias.

It also doesn't work if I try to graph for other users (ie not hero)

morny
01-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Can you try the following and if that dosent work ill escalate this to Roy

1) Make a backup of "Config" in a safe location
2) Export your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
3) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
4) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
5) Reboot your computer
6) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Upload HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.07beta.exe
8) Test if it works
9) Overwrite the backuped "holdemmanager.config" file in the new Config directory to recover your settings
10) Test if it works
11) Import your HUDs via "HUD Options => Player Preferences"
12) Test if it works

trevv
01-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi,

It works fine after reinstallation, but then doesn't work once I replace it with my old config. I guess that confirms my though that it was to do with my old config.

I'll just make do with the newly installed config (i backed it up after installation).

Thanks.

Rvg72
01-14-2009, 03:32 AM
Would you be able to email your old config to me at support@holdemmanager.net so I can duplicate and fix

Roy

trevv
01-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Sorry, I deleted the old config once the problem was resolved.

I manually edited the (old) config at one point to change the colour of my graph. It worked fine on whichever version of HEM I was using at the time. I'd guess that is the problem as it doesn't translate over to the updated version somehow when diretly copying the config across.

thor
03-01-2009, 02:49 AM
I am having this same issue.

I reinstalled and still seem to be having some issues.

It seems that one of my specific player names seems to be causing the issue. When I use this name and refresh my graph, nothing happens. I have similar issues when using an alias that includes this name.

However, when I use one of my other accounts, or remove the player from the alias, I don't seem to have any issues.

morny
03-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Can you try creating a new database and see if the problem occurs with the new one