PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing postgresql

jouko
01-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi,

Im having problem during the installation of postgresql. It is already installing the software, but then when it comes to the point of creating user account it says that: "Use ´postgres´ could not be created: The user account already exists.!"

What should I do?

Al1
01-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Change all "postgres" user in another thing like "holdemmanager" for example.

jouko
01-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Have tried it already and tried it again and still the same problem.

jouko
01-10-2009, 05:07 PM
what to do?

jouko
01-11-2009, 04:46 AM
Change all "postgres" user in another thing like "holdemmanager" for example.

I changed the user name and it still does the same thing, help please...

Holdem Manager Training
01-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Ahh, I had the same issue when I nuked my postgres to write the manual. You need to delete the PostgreSQL folder from your Hard Drive before installing it again.

When uninstalling postgres it leaves the old database there since that isn't part of the original postgreSQL install. hmm... But changing the name should've fixed it. Oh well, let us know if deleting the folder/old database helped and if not we'll get your sorted out.

-B

jouko
01-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Ahh, I had the same issue when I nuked my postgres to write the manual. You need to delete the PostgreSQL folder from your Hard Drive before installing it again.

When uninstalling postgres it leaves the old database there since that isn't part of the original postgreSQL install. hmm... But changing the name should've fixed it. Oh well, let us know if deleting the folder/old database helped and if not we'll get your sorted out.

-B

It didnt help. Still the same problem...

Holdem Manager Training
01-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Sorry that didn't help....:confused:

Something from the old install of PostgreSQL has still got to be on your Hard Drive somewhere. When you uninstalled PostgreSQL, you did use the PostgreSQL uninstaller or windows uninstaller, right?

Another thing you might try is searching for files on your PC. Search "Postgres" and delete all the folders and files that come up. When I search, I see a file called "POSTGRES.EXE-314EA7A8.pf" that's in c:\windows\prefetch All the other files are in Documents and Settings and Program Files.

If this doesn't work, ping us back and I'm sure Morny or someone will setup a Teamviewer session to get it working. If it's not solved in 12 hours, send me an PM and I'll do a teamviewer session with you.

Don't worry, we'll get this figured out.

jouko
01-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Sorry that didn't help....:confused:

Something from the old install of PostgreSQL has still got to be on your Hard Drive somewhere. When you uninstalled PostgreSQL, you did use the PostgreSQL uninstaller or windows uninstaller, right?

Another thing you might try is searching for files on your PC. Search "Postgres" and delete all the folders and files that come up. When I search, I see a file called "POSTGRES.EXE-314EA7A8.pf" that's in c:\windows\prefetch All the other files are in Documents and Settings and Program Files.

If this doesn't work, ping us back and I'm sure Morny or someone will setup a Teamviewer session to get it working. If it's not solved in 12 hours, send me an PM and I'll do a teamviewer session with you.

Don't worry, we'll get this figured out.

Searched my computer for word "postgre" and the only files founded were those that i´ve downloaded (setup etc.).

Bloged
01-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Try this:

Start->Run and then "compmgmt.msc" without " as the command. On the left open "Local Users and Groups" and after that "Users". On the right now a user postgres will show delete that one now you should be able to install PostGres.

If not try this:
Start->Run and then "net user" without the ". This will show a list of users if postgres is in this list close it and do this:
Start->Run and then "net user postgres /delete" witout the ". And then try to install.

Otherwise last resort:
Start->Run and then "lusrmgr.msc" in this window delete the postgres user.

Hope this helps, Bloged

P.s. this is for Windows XP might work on Vista too

jouko
01-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Try this:

Start->Run and then "net user postgres /delete" witout the ". And then try to install.

I was able to do this one. And it doesnt do this anymore: "User ´postgres´ could not be created: The user account already exists.!"

Instead now when creating a user account it says : "Internal account lookup failure: Ei kartoitusta tilinimien ja suojatunnusten välillä" The last part is finnish and I can translate it but i dont know if it makes any sense. But it means something like " No surveying between accountnames and passwords."

Al1
01-11-2009, 02:41 PM
And if you put another name again like "holdemmanager22" for example?

jouko
01-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Yep, still not working. Probably doing something totally wrong myself...Getting little fhrustrated here. What to try next? ;)

Al1
01-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Yep, still not working. Probably doing something totally wrong myself...Getting little fhrustrated here. What to try next? ;)

Mmm, I think it's the good time to arrange a Teamviewer session with morny.
I will contact him.

Escalated to morny (Support), he will answer asap.

jouko
01-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Mmm, I think it's the good time to arrange a Teamviewer session with morny.
I will contact him.

Escalated to morny (Support), he will answer asap.

Don´t know what happened, but I tried to install it by usin guest user on my computer and it started to install it. :D Something odd... Anyway thanks...:) Going to start grinding now...

SK01
01-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Hi,

I have the exact same problem a Jouko... My installer also speaks finnish if that makes a difference.

So how can I be helped?

I was able to do this one. And it doesnt do this anymore: "User ´postgres´ could not be created: The user account already exists.!"

Instead now when creating a user account it says : "Internal account lookup failure: Ei kartoitusta tilinimien ja suojatunnusten välillä" The last part is finnish and I can translate it but i dont know if it makes any sense. But it means something like " No surveying between accountnames and passwords."

morny
01-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Can you try another version of postgreSQL please

SK01
01-16-2009, 02:59 PM
yeah ok... I can try to install a previous version.

Can you give a download link for it please?

morny
01-16-2009, 09:28 PM
It depends what one your looking for just go to google and type in download postreSQL 8.x where x is the version you want to try and youll find it quickly

SK01
01-17-2009, 09:31 AM
this is just annoying...

I tried different version from here:
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/

Nothing installed, always the same error message as described before...

Am I doing something wrong?

SK01
01-17-2009, 12:12 PM
hmm... looks like I actually got it installed... Dunno why but seems okay.

maybe i didn't pay enough attention last time or something previously.

thanks for help

flashh
01-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Hello everyone!

I downloaded Holdem Manager today because I heard about Entraction-network support in the new beta version. I had never used this software before and problems started already with installation. However the problem was Postgresql, not Holdem Manager. I got same error message as some other persons here; "Internal account lookup failure". I tried different versions of Postgresql but no progress. Finally, just before I was going to uninstall my Holdem Manager, I found the solution. The name of my computer included scandinavian characters so Postgresql didnt accept it. I had to change the name and remove scandinavian characters and it worked.

Feeling little dumb but make sure you dont do the same mistakes:)